Sessions

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
XIKON

Sessions

Postby XIKON » 11 Feb 2019

Hi All, I wonder if anyone could assist with a problem I have been facing for sometime now. I trade FX and the session opens at 22:00 GMT based on my broker who has servers in Europe mainland. However my broker starts the week on a Sunday evening at 22:00 GMT and ends the week at 22:00 on Friday evening and has five bars per week. The first minute bar of the week starts at 22:00 GMT on Sunday but it is displayed as 00:00 of the Monday beginning of the week. I have been adjusting times and sessions to replicate the bars as my broker is showing on their platform but without any success. Greatly appreciate if you can help with this. Many thanks. Arthur

Anna MultiCharts

Re: Sessions

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 13 Feb 2019

Hello, XIKON!

MultiCharts uses bar close timestamp. If your daily bars have the 00:00 timestamp, then the sessions’ template used for this symbol/chart in the given time zone ends at 00:00.
Default sessions for your chart are taken from QuoteManager (double-click on the symbol to open its settings and go to the Sessions tab to view the sessions for your symbol).
If there’s a need to use a custom session template please create it as described here:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... _Templates

Return to “MultiCharts”