Interactive Brokers Auto Trading question  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

Interactive Brokers Auto Trading question

Postby guest » 28 Jun 2007

i turned on auto-trading and it works fine at first. after a few hours, IB asks me if i want to allow incoming connection. why was the connection lost? this happened several times.

Kate

Postby Kate » 28 Jun 2007

Sometimes connection with TWS can be lost for unknown reasons and currently our developers try to determine why it happens.

Postby Guest » 29 Jun 2007

there is another problem i'm experiencing. the ib autotrade doesn't seem to work for me. it looks like tws doesn't understand the message from multicharts. when there's a signal, then api tab in tws opens, but the order doesn't get placed. do you know what's wrong?

Kate

[SOLVED]

Postby Kate » 29 Jun 2007

Dear Guest,
We invite you to connect to us via HelpDesk remote desktop connection utility on Monday, July, 2. Our developers will personally take a look at your issue and fix it manually. The best way to contact us would be via LiveChat. Please join our LiveChat from this page:
http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

Then we will let you know when to connect to HelpDesk.

Postby Guest » 29 Jun 2007

i just experienced this again. it seems to happen when TWS goes pink.
Sometimes connection with TWS can be lost for unknown reasons and currently our developers try to determine why it happens.

giles

Re: Interactive Brokers Auto Trading question

Postby giles » 30 Jun 2007

i turned on auto-trading and it works fine at first. after a few hours, IB asks me if i want to allow incoming connection. why was the connection lost? this happened several times.
Did you set up MC as a trusted IP address??? 127.0.0.1 would be the address or localhost (i use both to be sure) that way if connection drops, TWS will allow the reconnect without user intervention.

or whatever IP address the charting software is on...

As you can have TWS on one computer and your charting software on a different machine and just network them...

Postby Guest » 02 Jul 2007

i just set the trusted ip address. let me see how this works. thanks.

crazy_phil

Postby crazy_phil » 03 Jul 2007

Hello
If your TWS gets pink, it meens that TWS looses conection with IB.

Using IB 14 hours a day (from 6 AM to 8 PM GMT+2), I get a very few deconection.

You must have problems with your internet conection.

Philippe

Postby Guest » 03 Jul 2007

giles suggestion seems to have fixed the connection problem. however, i still can't get multicharts to place orders on TWS.

Postby guest » 04 Jul 2007

i think the problem is that i'm using esignal data feed and tws does not understand the esignal symbol. i read the sticky about going to the symbol dictionary tab. i found the tab, but there is no add button. i cannot do anything in that tab. can someone help? thanks.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 04 Jul 2007

i found the tab, but there is no add button.
Dear Sir,

Please post the screenshot of the problem.

Postby guest » 04 Jul 2007

here's the screenshot
Attachments
symbol dictionary.jpg
(147.66 KiB) Downloaded 1069 times

Kate

Postby Kate » 04 Jul 2007

We are aware of this problem. It's already been fixed in internal versions and will soon be available to users.

It will be released later in the month of July. Please check our downloads page, the new version will be found at this link:
http://www.tssupport.com/support/downloads/

Postby Guest » 10 Jul 2007

Kate, I am 95% sure that I will purchase if this problem is fixed an it works reliably. I hope you guys will fix it and release a new version as soon as possible.

Return to “MultiCharts”