incorrect auto Volume Scale

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

incorrect auto Volume Scale

Postby Guest » 02 Jul 2007

when I set the volume scale to "screen", it is supposed to automatically to the high and low of the volume range within the screen display.

the problem is, if the volume range is from 3000 to 10000, the volume scale will start from 3000, not zero.

can you tell me what is wrong ?
what is causing the scale to start at the minimum value, instead of starting from zero ?

Postby Guest » 03 Jul 2007

Another issue. If you have lets say a volume moving average that starts as the highest point on the chart but falls as the volume bar progresses the chart does not re scale smaller. It seems to only scale up not down.

Kate

Re: incorrect auto Volume Scale

Postby Kate » 03 Jul 2007

when I set the volume scale to "screen", it is supposed to automatically to the high and low of the volume range within the screen display.

the problem is, if the volume range is from 3000 to 10000, the volume scale will start from 3000, not zero.

what is causing the scale to start at the minimum value, instead of starting from zero ?
It is a normal behavior. Screen scaling is supposed to start from the min value of the data displayed at the moment on your chart to the max value.

Kate

Postby Kate » 03 Jul 2007

Another issue. If you have lets say a volume moving average that starts as the highest point on the chart but falls as the volume bar progresses the chart does not re scale smaller. It seems to only scale up not down.
What scale type are you using for this indicator?

Re: incorrect auto Volume Scale

Postby Guest » 03 Jul 2007

It is a normal behavior. Screen scaling is supposed to start from the min value of the data displayed at the moment on your chart to the max value.
I do not agree. A volume bar always scales from ZERO.
The auto scaling should only apply to the top end.

Otherwise this is NOT a proper volume chart.

some people might want a different minimum value. That is configurable. But otherwise a volume chart should always start from ZERO.

This is not a joke.

Kate

Postby Kate » 04 Jul 2007

Screen type of scaling implies that the program plots min and max value of the indicator on the screen. It is obvious that the program doesn't differentiate between RSI and volume indicator. It is clear for you that volume bars start at zero, but not for the program. So you should use User Defined scaling and set from 0 to preferable value. Another solution is to add a fake zero line in a script (add Plot2(0)). I hope this helps.

Postby Guest » 10 Jul 2007

Screen type of scaling implies that the program plots min and max value of the indicator on the screen. It is obvious that the program doesn't differentiate between RSI and volume indicator. It is clear for you that volume bars start at zero, but not for the program. So you should use User Defined scaling and set from 0 to preferable value. Another solution is to add a fake zero line in a script (add Plot2(0)). I hope this helps.
that's why TS will always be superior to MultiCharts.

TS is made by traders, MultiCharts is made by programmers who have never traded and do not understand traders' needs.

If I were the developer, I would simply add a selection to scale from zero on the bottom, to auto-scale on the top. IS THIS SO DIFFICULT ???

Postby 2 » 10 Jul 2007

Guest wrote-

that's why TS will always be superior to MultiCharts.

TS is made by traders, MultiCharts is made by programmers who have never traded and do not understand traders' needs.

Are you sure about this? I don't think the Cruz Brothers are really traders (founders of TS) and most certainly they are not doing the programming.

Ex-TS employee Samuel K Tennis is called the father of Easy Language,and he CERTAINLY is NOT a trader,but a programmer.

I am not aware of the Full backround of all the MC staff and programmers,besides what is on their website,do you have more info on their backround,or are your comments just personal opinion?

TS 4 took 27 releases BEFORE they abandoned it for TS2Ki- ok,the last 3 were because of year 2000 problems if I remember correctly.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 11 Jul 2007

Dear Guest,
According to our tests, MultiCharts and TS behave identically in this case. So I don't think your statements are correct.
Morevoer Kate provided a simple and elegant way to have a zero line.
So i think you should try this.

Postby Guest » 12 Jul 2007

thanks kate, plot2(0) is an easy work around.

Return to “MultiCharts”