MULTICHARTS .NET 12.0 RELEASE 9

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Henry MultiСharts

MULTICHARTS .NET 12.0 RELEASE 9

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 Dec 2019

MultiCharts .NET 12.0 Release 9 builds 19399 (x32) / 19401 (x64) is out now!
You can check the change log in our blog.
Also featuring the all-new Saxo Group data and broker connectivity!
>>>Go to Download page<<<

Saxo Group

Re: MULTICHARTS .NET 12.0 RELEASE 9

Postby Saxo Group » 18 Dec 2019

Hello everyone!

Many thanks to Henry and his team for the hard work going into this build. We are very excited to be part of this community and will be available for assistance both on this forum and on our usual channels.

For anyone looking to get started using Saxo as broker or data feed, the MultiCharts team has provided helpful instructions on the Wiki, and we published a full step-by-step setup guide on our help portal.

/Gid
Saxo OpenAPI Team

ascales

Postby ascales » 20 Dec 2019

Hi Saxo Group,

Welcome! Could you please confirm that your historical spot FX data is Saxo's actual bid/ask and is suitable for back testing on MC? There was a reference to inter-bank rates on your wiki page:
The feed consists of the inter-bank bid/ask feed for FX and CFD products, and the top-of-book bid/ask/last traded for listed instruments. Both can be interpreted as 'reference prices' for the entire market and historic data points are suited for backtesting purposes. Saxo offers all of its historic FX, CFD, and exchange data for backtesting purposes at a resolution of 1 minute going back up to 20 years or more.
A bit unclear...

Also, I understand the base commission rate to be 0.00005?

Thanks in advance.
A

Saxo Group

Postby Saxo Group » 20 Dec 2019

Hi A,

The historic feed is our 'best' bid/ask (excluding spread, commissions, etc). This is the spread against which Saxo trades in the interbank market. We regard this feed suitable for backtesting because MultiCharts allows you to specify commission and slippage per trade, which means you can accurately emulate what the trade would have 'looked like' for your case historically.

Which brings me to your questions on commissions. Base commission is different between clients and depends on your configuration for the specific instrument you are looking to trade (client segment, direct market access, liquidity pools, etc). This is why the wiki stresses the importance of proper account configuration in the broker/data feed setup.

If you want to know more about your personal situation, I suggest you reach out to one of our local offices.

/Gid
Saxo OpenAPI Team

ascales

Postby ascales » 20 Dec 2019

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply. The commission part is clear; based primarily on trade volume, per-client basis. I took the worst case USD 50 Net per USDm. All good.

But how do I emulate the spreads in backtesting given that these are Saxo's interbank rates and not the rates I'd trade on? With a factor?

Thanks again and seasons greetings!!

Cheers
A

Saxo Group

Postby Saxo Group » 20 Dec 2019

Hi again!

The easiest way to model your costs of trading would be to use MultiChart's Costs/Capitalization settings in the Strategy Properties window.

Another, more advanced option is to use the guide here.

We are transparent in our reporting on slippage and fill rates - which can be found here. Costs of trading/spreads are available on our website.

/Gid
Saxo OpenAPI Team

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”