Execute orders through TS Securities

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Chartsurfer

Execute orders through TS Securities

Postby Chartsurfer » 19 Apr 2020

Hello everyone,

I really like that MC is able to connect to TS's data feed via QuoteManager.

Taking this into account I would like to ask the MultiCharts Team if there were any plans or considerations to expand MC's connectivity to TS's API that would allow to execute orders from MC through TS's execution systems?

It is possible to execute trades through TS using TradingView. It would be great if this also worked with MC.

Best
Peter

Vlada MultiCharts

Re: Execute orders through TS Securities

Postby Vlada MultiCharts » 01 May 2020

Hello Chartsurfer,

Thank you for your feedback.
We don’t have plans for this at the moment. You can create a feature request at MultiCharts Project Management so that other users could vote for it. If it is highly requested, our team will consider adding this feature in future versions.

Chartsurfer

Postby Chartsurfer » 02 May 2020

Dear fellow MC-users,

if you are interested in routing orders via MC to TS

please vote

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/public/m ... es/MC-2647

Thanks!

Kaos

Postby Kaos » 06 May 2020

If I understand your idea -> I think there is already a 3rd party solution

http://traderssoft.com/wp/ts/software-mc/

Second Item:
TS Autotrading plug-in – software to send order from MultiCharts 8/9 to TS broker account

Chartsurfer

Postby Chartsurfer » 07 May 2020

Hi Kaos,

thank you for your post.
If I understand your idea -> I think there is already a 3rd party solution

http://traderssoft.com/wp/ts/software-mc/

Second Item:
TS Autotrading plug-in – software to send order from MultiCharts 8/9 to TS broker account
I've also seen the RT Soft "Autotrading" plug-in. As fas as I understand its description "handles fully automated order routing" it's for strategy orders only, not chart trading. And looking at the current MC version it looks like it's out of date.

Does anyone in the community have real world experience with this "TS Autotrading plug-in"?

Chartsurfer

Postby Chartsurfer » 13 May 2020

Hi again,

just in case anyone reading this would also be interested in executiong orders from MC through TS Securities:

I wrote an email to RD Soft Ltd. asking about the mentioned plug-in. Here is answer I recieved:
It works with all sources of order: strategy, manual trading etc. Plug-in is native MC plug-in, the same like built-in plug-in for IB.
It works with all MC version including all future versions. TS 9.5 is supported (TS 10 isn’t yet).
We provide 1 week trial for full functional version of plug-in.

PS: I am not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any other way connected with RD Soft Ltd. I only have an equities account with TS in addition to my futures trading account with another broker and I just find MC as a trading platform way better than TS ...

TW

Postby TW » 18 Sep 2020

I can't vote, but I also really need execute orders from MC through TS's execution systems.

philhm

Postby philhm » 20 Sep 2020

Same - it wont let me create an account to vote but I would love to use MC to submit orders to TS.

tpredictor

Postby tpredictor » 12 Mar 2021

Bump. I am a regsitered user. Now that TS has commission free equities: this is a no brainer. I have seen other platforms like Overcharts support this so I know it is possible.

granitepeak

Postby granitepeak » 12 Mar 2021

I have tried the plug-in but it doesn't work well. You can get a free trial to test it. Should you try it and make it work, love to hear how!

tpredictor

Postby tpredictor » 17 Mar 2021

What plugin? I am hoping they will add TS as directly supported broker. TS is the ONLY commission free equities broker besides Alpaca today with API connection.

Vlada MultiCharts

Postby Vlada MultiCharts » 17 Mar 2021

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately, MultiCharts doesn’t come with an integrated plug-in for routing orders to your TS account.

The broker plugin for TS at http://www.traderssoft.com was developed by our partners.
Please note that this plug-in is not supported by MultiCharts and in case of any issues with it, we would ask you to contact them directly.

TraderGuy

Postby TraderGuy » 18 Mar 2021

What plugin? I am hoping they will add TS as directly supported broker. TS is the ONLY commission free equities broker besides Alpaca today with API connection.
As an FYI, TDA is another. MC Support has indicated they are looking at connectivity, which would be great.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53004

TraderGuy

Postby TraderGuy » 18 Apr 2021

For strategy execution, you can execute on TS by writing order information records with the strategy buy and sell signals. Then in TS, poll for the order information. This can be done by tick or with a timer object. It's old school, and it has many limitations, but it can execute your stock strategy running in MC on the TS brokerage with no commissions.

I wrote a sender and receiver and did some testing last week.

Return to “MultiCharts”