MULTICHARTS 14.0 BETA 5

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Svetlana MultiCharts

MULTICHARTS 14.0 BETA 5

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 29 Jul 2020

MultiCharts 14.0 Beta 5 is available for download now (64-bit build 20518)!

This Beta version is featured as a separate product with isolated application/ database/ study folders. You can have this Beta installed alongside your main MultiCharts64 installation to fully test all of the new features without affecting your current version. Use our Backup and Restore apps to easily move your user data between the products.

Check our blog for the complete list of all new features and improvements in this version.

>>> Go to MultiCharts 12.0 Beta 5 download page <<<

Smoky

Re: MULTICHARTS 14.0 BETA 5

Postby Smoky » 30 Jul 2020

Puting your strategy in SA mode increase the scale of the chart.

You have reset Scale on chart after.

Beta4 and Beta5 same same. easy to reproduce...

LRP

Postby LRP » 30 Jul 2020

Great thing about Quandl Data feed, but how can we get the data in MC like: https://www.quandl.com/data/CHRIS/EUREX_FDAX1
I have my Quandl APIkey filled in the QuoteManager/DataSources/Quandl but MC can not find something as well no stock symbols.
Thanks for advise.

Svetlana MultiCharts

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 30 Jul 2020

Hello Smoky,

Could you please send a short video demonstrating the issue, or visit our live chat MON-FRI from 7:00 AM till 12:00 PM EST so that we can study this behavior remotely?

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 01 Aug 2020

Hello Smoky,

Could you please send a short video demonstrating the issue, or visit our live chat MON-FRI from 7:00 AM till 12:00 PM EST so that we can study this behavior remotely?
ok i will make a video

Svetlana MultiCharts

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 03 Aug 2020

Great thing about Quandl Data feed, but how can we get the data in MC like: https://www.quandl.com/data/CHRIS/EUREX_FDAX1
I have my Quandl APIkey filled in the QuoteManager/DataSources/Quandl but MC can not find something as well no stock symbols.
Thanks for advise.
One needs to find Quandl instruments in their website, namely the ticker and exchange. Then specify the ticker and the exchange in the Lookup menu to search it in MultiCharts.

Add the required security type in Quandl data feed settings to make it available in the Lookup menu.
More information is here.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 09 Aug 2020

Big issue with compile function in PL.

after I compiled a study with no errors in PL, MC 14 B5 don't find it compiled.

worse now, when we load a chart with a study uncompiled (we made change on it), we can't load it and compile it as before from the chart, we have to remove the study, open PL and compile it... but MC 14 B5 is now unsynchronized with PL editor ! i close MC load it again, no change my study is always uncompiled for MC14 B5.

the only workaround i found is to repair MC 14 B5 and after MC 14 is synchronized with compiled stydies in PL. big problem.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 10 Aug 2020

More easy to undestand with pictures:

Compile study in PL with no errors
PL EDITOR AFTER COMPILE.PNG
(7.81 KiB) Not downloaded yet
just after try ti insert in chart
INSERT STUDY IN CHART AFTER COMPILE IN PL.PNG
(5.07 KiB) Not downloaded yet

... MC 14 beta 4 , MC 14 beta 5

insert study is not upading in chart

[SOLVED] MC 14 lost right admin, i don't know how and when but with no right admin same issue come ... [solved]
Last edited by Smoky on 11 Aug 2020, edited 1 time in total.

tcat

Bitfinex error on BTCUSD still remains

Postby tcat » 10 Aug 2020

Bitfinex error on BTCUSD still remains. Error message says:

Source: Multicharts64 OpenBeta Bitfine Datafeed Message: Warning! Volume of Tick bar with 1000000 Volume Multiplier for BTCUSD instrument is less than 1. Please configure volume multiplier.....

I am getting the error msg with a 240 minutes and 200 points range bar opened.

Svetlana MultiCharts

Re: Bitfinex error on BTCUSD still remains

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 11 Aug 2020

Bitfinex error on BTCUSD still remains. Error message says:

Source: Multicharts64 OpenBeta Bitfine Datafeed Message: Warning! Volume of Tick bar with 1000000 Volume Multiplier for BTCUSD instrument is less than 1. Please configure volume multiplier.....

I am getting the error msg with a 240 minutes and 200 points range bar opened.
Cryptocurrency instruments require manual configuration of the Volume Multiplier.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 14 Aug 2020

Two laptops on same lan, runing MC 14 Beta5 with same workspace and same stategies on same instrument.

Laptop 1 old lenovo I3 3110 2.5 ghz 8 go Ram Laptop 2 new clevo I9 9900K 3.5 ghz 16 go ram

all running good but when i load another software on laptop 2, MC 14 hang with many windows "BugSlayer Raise Event", when i load the same software on laptop & nothing append !

Windows 10 don't manage correctly turbo boost and make fake troubles ! then if You use microsoft API i undestand ...

how to disable all bugSlayer messages ?
BugSlayer Raise Event 2.PNG
(141.97 KiB) Not downloaded yet
BUGSLAYER FALSE.PNG
(197.32 KiB) Not downloaded yet

EDIT: thanks to repair forum, now i can post pictures

On same lan in realtime datas same workspace, studies, instruments than Clevo laptop, my very old Lenovo I3 2.5 ghz LoL (no crash MC)
SMALL old LAPTOP.PNG
(51 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by Smoky on 17 Aug 2020, edited 2 times in total.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 17 Aug 2020

‌NO, nothing is solved !

I made a third laptop I7 3.5 ghz in the lan with MC 14 beta5 but with windows 7 and all is running good with no crazy popup who kill MC14 B5.

My last test in Clevo laptop I9 9900K 4.8 ghz is to disable all enchanced technologies with Intel Extrem Tuning Utility and now all work fine but at slowest speed (stock with no boost !)

it's not Your fault WIN10 don't manage correcly the last Intel technology ! then i go back to MC12 for two reasons:

1: i don't buy the fastest laptop in the word to use it at stock speed with no new Intel technology ! ONLY MC14 hang ! All others softwares run easy and Faster !

2: you don't give me a way to supress the power control in MC14, customers have to choose if they want or not this power control (who hang MC on some fast PC) !

if you want to win a speed race you don't buy the slowest car, even you are a good driver...
Intel Extrem Tuning Utility.png
(541.98 KiB) Not downloaded yet
thanks to give us a chance to disable/enable this power control in MC 14 Beta 5

syswizard

Postby syswizard » 21 Aug 2020

Any projection for when we get out of beta and go live with MC 14 ?
It seems like forever.....sorry for the impatience.

Svetlana MultiCharts

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 21 Aug 2020

Any projection for when we get out of beta and go live with MC 14 ?
It seems like forever.....sorry for the impatience.
Hello syswizard,
MultiCharts 14 Release is expected soon, approximately in the begging of Autumn. We contribute very much efforts in the quality of the future release, and would like to release it when all planned is ready.

Tammy MultiCharts

Postby Tammy MultiCharts » 25 Aug 2020

‌NO, nothing is solved !

I made a third laptop I7 3.5 ghz in the lan with MC 14 beta5 but with windows 7 and all is running good with no crazy popup who kill MC14 B5.

My last test in Clevo laptop I9 9900K 4.8 ghz is to disable all enchanced technologies with Intel Extrem Tuning Utility and now all work fine but at slowest speed (stock with no boost !)

it's not Your fault WIN10 don't manage correcly the last Intel technology ! then i go back to MC12 for two reasons:

1: i don't buy the fastest laptop in the word to use it at stock speed with no new Intel technology ! ONLY MC14 hang ! All others softwares run easy and Faster !

2: you don't give me a way to supress the power control in MC14, customers have to choose if they want or not this power control (who hang MC on some fast PC) !

if you want to win a speed race you don't buy the slowest car, even you are a good driver...

Hello Smoky,

Please specify what external software you were loading on laptop 2.
When the issue is reproduced, please send us the report as described below. It is important to collect it at the moment when the issue is reproduced (the application error window is hanging), before MultiCharts is restarted, so that we could investigate it.
Here is how to do that:
Please send us logs and dumps using Feedback application. You can access it through Windows Start Menu -> MultiCharts folder -> Feedback. In the Feedback window please select:
Attach a screenshot;
Attach Log files…;
Attach minidumps…;
Upload collected data to help desk; and click Send.
If the Feedback is not accessible, please make dumps using MC Dumper:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... lect_Dumps

Please, also answer these questions:
Do the other applications work correctly with that external software?
Is the issue reproduced if you open MultiCharts with no workspaces along with the other software?
What actions must be taken in MultiCharts to have the issue reproduced?

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 27 Aug 2020

‌NO, nothing is solved !

Hello Smoky,

When the issue is reproduced, please send us the report as described below. It is important to collect it at the moment when the issue is reproduced (the application error window is hanging), before MultiCharts is restarted, so that we could investigate it.
Here is how to do that:
Please send us logs and dumps using Feedback application. You can access it through Windows Start Menu -> MultiCharts folder -> Feedback. In the Feedback window please select:
Attach a screenshot;
Attach Log files…;
Attach minidumps…;

Is the issue reproduced if you open MultiCharts with no workspaces along with the other software?

All other softwares are working well and fast, not any issue , only MC 14 hang.

MC 14 hang when i load any big other software who ask Intel Turbo boost to start, any other small application start without need a turbo boost.

no error when load MC without workspace. sorry i go back to MC12 who work very well and fast at 4.8 ghz and have no issue with turbo boost.

MC14 boring me with all popup saying that MC not reponding LoL ! with 10 softwares running at 4.8 ghz and MC 12 all running very fast and With cpu charge under 30 ! I NEVER use more cpu charge for all applications.

You can trust me with this laptop i'm not afraid about power need by Multicharts and i laugh when i see your yellow popup saying that MC is not responding ...(MC 12 with same workspace same datas use only 10 % cpu charge ! )

some user use regedit to disable all Microsoft tools using control power API who is buggy with I9.

gpw797

Postby gpw797 » 28 Aug 2020

I have a powerful computer and Portfolio Trader consistently crashes when using Renko bars.
Attachments
Annotation 2.png
(14.48 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Annotation 2020-08-28 064239.png
(17.24 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Gregorian

Postby Gregorian » 28 Aug 2020

gpw797: Portfolio Trader is very fragile and crashes easily, not only with Renko but also with any high tick volume-based bars. It also has serious differences in backtest vs. forward testing which regular MC does not have.

I have reported these issues to MC, but their response implied that Portfolio Trader will not be receiving significant attention in the near future. A shame, because it offers many features not available elsewhere.

gpw797

Postby gpw797 » 28 Aug 2020

Portfolio trader could be a great thing but with close to zero documentation (same crappy stuff from beta 4 years ago) I am not surprised people aren't using it. I will shift more of of my stuff over to NT

Tammy MultiCharts

Postby Tammy MultiCharts » 31 Aug 2020

‌NO, nothing is solved !

Hello Smoky,

Here is how to do that:
Attach a screenshot;
Attach Log files…;
Attach minidumps…;

All other softwares are working well and fast, not any issue , only MC 14 hang.

MC 14 hang when i load any big other software who ask Intel Turbo boost to start, any other small application start without need a turbo boost.

no error when load MC without workspace. sorry i go back to MC12 who work very well and fast at 4.8 ghz and have no issue with turbo boost.

MC14 boring me with all popup saying that MC not reponding LoL ! with 10 softwares running at 4.8 ghz and MC 12 all running very fast and With cpu charge under 30 ! I NEVER use more cpu charge for all applications.

You can trust me with this laptop i'm not afraid about power need by Multicharts and i laugh when i see your yellow popup saying that MC is not responding ...(MC 12 with same workspace same datas use only 10 % cpu charge ! )

some user use regedit to disable all Microsoft tools using control power API who is buggy with I9.
Hello Smoky,

Fail-safe alerts are designed to warn the user about the possible CPU overload. The automatic system diagnostics is available since MultiCharts 14, that is why the alerts stopped appearing after you went back to MultiCharts 12.
You can disable these alerts in File -> Preferences -> Trading tab -> Fail-safe and trading system warnings.
I'm afraid we will not be able to analyze your issue on our end unless we have your logs and dumps. It's also impossible to compare your CPU performance without your .wsp files.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 07 Sep 2020

Hello Tammy,

sorry I don't share anything, i already think that MC speak to much to yours servers.

but you will be happy to know that my bigger workspace is 100 Mo size, it use many instruments, multi datas charts, (more than 30 instruments) and some studies have more than 3000 EL code Lines !

all run realy good in tick/tick without any slow speed, i never, never made any complain about MC speed, you will be suprise how fast EL can be LoL with some extra DLLs ...

then in my case i don't need to use uc power tools to know that MC run fast, i keep my UC power for my EL codes .... and disable all fake warning.

maybe i will have more power, and add 16 Go of hi-speed Dram and mount another raid0 SSD nvme...

jl12

Postby jl12 » 10 Sep 2020

In MC 12 I could login offline on my laptop whilst running my live system.
IN MC 14 I am always asked to kill the other instance before opening. Can this be avoided.

syswizard

Postby syswizard » 10 Sep 2020

I received the attached error when exiting MC 14 Beta 5.
Attachments
MC-TSServer Error.PNG
(33.38 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Svetlana MultiCharts

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 07 Oct 2020

In MC 12 I could login offline on my laptop whilst running my live system.
IN MC 14 I am always asked to kill the other instance before opening. Can this be avoided.
Hello jl12,

Since MultiCharts 14 we implement new authorization system, and running a single license on two computers will no longer be supported. We are going to provide special licenses for backtesting at a discounted price.

Svetlana MultiCharts

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 07 Oct 2020

I received the attached error when exiting MC 14 Beta 5.
Hello syswizard,

When the issue is reproduced, please send us logs and dumps using Feedback application, before closing the error window. You can access it through Windows Start Menu -> MultiCharts folder -> Feedback. In the Feedback window please select:
Attach a screenshot;
Attach Log files…;
Attach minidumps…;

If the Feedback is not accessible, please make dumps using MC Dumper.

Mydesign

Postby Mydesign » 07 Oct 2020

Since MultiCharts 14 we implement new authorization system, and running a single license on two computers will no longer be supported. We are going to provide special licenses for backtesting at a discounted price.
Really !? :? :shock: Do you actually mean that we will have to pay for an extra license to keep using MC in offline mode ? What kind of discount are you talking about ?

IT-Trader

Postby IT-Trader » 08 Oct 2020

Since MultiCharts 14 we implement new authorization system, and running a single license on two computers will no longer be supported...
In my case, I use MC on my laptop when I travel and MC on my desktop when I'm at my office.
Will this continue to be possible on the same license?
In my case, I don't run both at once. (I know some do which was the other posters original question).

Return to “MultiCharts”