Difficult to use MC when Windows uses dark theme

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Fabrice

Difficult to use MC when Windows uses dark theme

Postby Fabrice » 28 Aug 2013

I like working with a dark background (Dark Classic Windows 7 Theme). The problem is that most items in MC menus are almost invisible, while menus of other applications are displayed correctly (event the disabled items are visible). Here are some screenshots of MC, Visual Studio 2010 and Notepad. You will also notice that the drawing toolbar is difficult to use.

There is also a problem for displaying quotes in QM but this is less annoying.

Regards.

PS : Dark Classic Theme here
Screen Shot 2013-08-28 at 9.48.11 AM.png
(13.22 KiB) Downloaded 686 times
Screen Shot 2013-08-28 at 9.49.17 AM.png
(72.56 KiB) Downloaded 696 times
Screen Shot 2013-08-28 at 9.50.37 AM.png
(41.62 KiB) Downloaded 673 times
Screen Shot 2013-08-28 at 9.50.52 AM.png
(9.81 KiB) Downloaded 677 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Difficult to use MC when Windows uses dark theme

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Aug 2013

Hello Fabrice,

We would like to know how many users have a dark system theme.
Please submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

Fabrice

Postby Fabrice » 30 Aug 2013

Hello Henry,

Here is the feature request : here

Except the toolbar, this issue arises because, probably, MC does not use correctly the colors defined by the system.

I strongly suggest to all people spending most of their time looking at a monitor to read this (such as day traders or developers) : Dark background is good for you

This enhancement could also concerns MC users.

Regards.

Gibo887

Postby Gibo887 » 07 Apr 2021

Goodmorning everyone. I know that the post is very old, windows 10 no longer has a dark mode like the previous versions but, I also ask the multicharts support to know if they are evaluating a totally dark mode (not just the background of the graphics) or not. The program is great, but like so many other competitors have, the completely dark window display would be great. In addition to the link posted above of the benefits of a dark display for those who spend many hours in front of the monitor, it would also be a great help in concentration for color blind people.
For a graphic example I place a workspace of a user at the time of the dark mode of the previous versions of windows.
Thank you and greetings
Attachments
2012 May 23 Wednesday 12 29 39.png
(94.1 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 07 Apr 2021

Goodmorning everyone. I know that the post is very old, windows 10 no longer has a dark mode like the previous versions but, I also ask the multicharts support to know if they are evaluating a totally dark mode (not just the background of the graphics) or not. The program is great, but like so many other competitors have, the completely dark window display would be great. In addition to the link posted above of the benefits of a dark display for those who spend many hours in front of the monitor, it would also be a great help in concentration for color blind people.
For a graphic example I place a workspace of a user at the time of the dark mode of the previous versions of windows.
Thank you and greetings
Hello Gibo887,

At the moment there are no plans to implement the dark mode, but I let the development team know that it is requested.

Gibo887

Postby Gibo887 » 07 Apr 2021

Thank you and greetings
Hello Gibo887,

At the moment there are no plans to implement the dark mode, but I let the development team know that it is requested.
Hi Kate, thanks for support. I know that many times the requests have more important and technical reasons, but considering the hours that sometimes are spent in front of the monitor, even helping the sight would not be a bad thing. I know that many with previous versions of windows often used the dark mode, so I think it would be something appreciated by many and that would give something more to an already perfect program. Hope you do in the next updates. Thanks and best regards

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”