Multicharts on AWS

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
lingwuchung

Multicharts on AWS

Postby lingwuchung » 10 Jun 2021

Can I run MC on AWS and make use of its scalability to run optimization faster? My i9 with 20 CPUs is still too slow. :?

Svetlana MultiCharts

Re: Multicharts on AWS

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 10 Jun 2021

Hello lingwuchung,

You can increase the speed of strategies calculation/optimization by selecting a more powerful CPU with more cores.
We recommend to give preference to the machines with higher CPU frequency, than to the number of cores: e.g. 8 cores with 3600 base frequency is better than 16 cores with 2300 base frequency.
Technical requirements are available here.

lingwuchung

Postby lingwuchung » 11 Jun 2021

Hi, I am already running i9-10900k - 20 cores with 3700 base frequency.

I am not asking how to increase my local computer power, but whether I can simply deploy MC on AWS to make it much more scalable. I assume u mean NO.

Hello lingwuchung,

You can increase the speed of strategies calculation/optimization by selecting a more powerful CPU with more cores.
We recommend to give preference to the machines with higher CPU frequency, than to the number of cores: e.g. 8 cores with 3600 base frequency is better than 16 cores with 2300 base frequency.
Technical requirements are available here.

Svetlana MultiCharts

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 11 Jun 2021

MultiCharts works on Windows 8.1 and 10. It is possible to use the software on a virtual machine that corresponds to those operating systems.

lingwuchung

Postby lingwuchung » 11 Jun 2021

MultiCharts works on Windows 8.1 and 10. It is possible to use the software on a virtual machine that corresponds to those operating systems.
Thanks. Any plan to make the optimization or portfolio manager to be distributed across multiple VM on cloud?

Return to “MultiCharts”