IQFeed Demo to Subscription, Can't Download Data

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Metzenovich

IQFeed Demo to Subscription, Can't Download Data

Postby Metzenovich » 13 Oct 2021

Hi,

I created an IQFeed demo today, then seeing the message pop up in MC that it only went back 90 days I went into the IQFeed site and upgraded the demo to a paid subscription so I could get access to 1 minute data back to 2005.

However, it's only downloading a week of data.

I followed the instructions to update IQFeed to the latest version. I've tried restarting MC and rebooting.

If I create a new workspace, add a chart to it, then add daily GBPUSD.FXCM to it only 7 daily bars show up.

If I go into QuoteManager and right click on the symbol and choose "Download Historical Data" with a range of 2005 - current, and check Ask / Bid / Trade for minute and day, it goes through day by day and gets back to July of 2021 and then says "Finished". But I still only get 7 bars on a new daily chart.

Does MC still think I'm on demo with IQFeed? Is there a way to reset that or tell it I'm on subscription? Or is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks

Gregorian

Re: IQFeed Demo to Subscription, Can't Download Data

Postby Gregorian » 13 Oct 2021

IQFeed only downloads a limited amount of data during primary market hours. Try reloading data after 5:30 PM Eastern time and see what you get.

Metzenovich

Postby Metzenovich » 13 Oct 2021

Thanks. I tried rebooting and creating a new workspace and chart again after 6:30pm Eastern (an hour after session close) and same thing. It only gives me 7 bars of daily data on a daily chart that should go back to 2016.

ABC

Postby ABC » 14 Oct 2021

Metzenovich,

try reloading the chart via CTRL+R to ensure Multicharts actually tries to download the data from IQ again.

Regards,

ABC

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 14 Oct 2021

Hi Metzenovich,

Please make sure you have Build minute and daily bars based on tick data box unchecked in the IQFeed data feed settings.
IQFeed provides less tick data comparing to minute or daily data, so when using this option you might have less bars on chart.
If you make any changes in the data feed settings, please restart MultiCharts to have them applied.

Metzenovich

Postby Metzenovich » 18 Oct 2021

Thank you, unchecking that box solved the problem (along with Ctrl+R and knowing that less historical data is available during the session and needs to be downloaded after hours).

Return to “MultiCharts”