Multiple Toolbar Bug!  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

Multiple Toolbar Bug!

Postby Guest » 02 Aug 2007

At least once a day for no reason I get 2 or three toolbars appearing, and the only way to get rid of them is to restart MC....It seems like it happens when im switching workspaces but im not sure....Its been happening since i installed the new beta...

Postby Guest » 02 Aug 2007

i encounter this problem too. i have shown it to tech support, and they have confirmed this bug. (although they have not inform me if they have a clue on what caused it.)

i noticed that this bug is triggered by one of the alerts in my charts.

if i click on the indicator that triggered the alert, the double tool bar will go away.

I hope it works for you too.
a click is a lot easier than rebooting mc. but first you have to find the indicator that trigger the problem.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 03 Aug 2007

Hello,

Thank you for the post. We do know about this bug but so far (after having spent a certain period of time on the issue) we haven't been able to find out what makes those toolbars to appear.

Feedback from users is highly important for improving our product so we would appreciate if you watched the program's behaviour for a while and let us know according to your observations, triggers such a behaviour. Identifying the exact pattern when this happens whould help us fix the bug.

gregorio123456

Postby gregorio123456 » 07 Aug 2007

Hello,

Thank you for the post. We do know about this bug but so far (after having spent a certain period of time on the issue) we haven't been able to find out what makes those toolbars to appear.

Feedback from users is highly important for improving our product so we would appreciate if you watched the program's behaviour for a while and let us know according to your observations, triggers such a behaviour. Identifying the exact pattern when this happens whould help us fix the bug.
Only one infomation to help

when I have alert from indicator ....when I click in alert windows I have one more toolbars....( few time appear) but if you click in other charts(windows) in same workspace it is disappear (the extra toolbars)

Ze

jek

Postby jek » 07 Aug 2007

Yes, the extra toolbars seem somehow linked to the particular chart being observed.

I notice that the "Reset Price Scale" button will be enabled for only one of the toolbars associated with a window. As you change windows, the button is enabled or not depending on that window scaling.

By the way, what causes windows to lose their automatic setting for scaling? I keep having to hit that button to reset the price scale (to automatic). It would be nice if it just stayed automatic.

Postby Guest » 22 Aug 2007

Any update on the multiple toolbar bug? It still happens to me and it seems to happen when an alert is activated but not always.

[SOLVED]

Postby Guest » 22 Aug 2007

just click on the indicator that triggered the alert, the double tool bar will go away.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 23 Aug 2007

Hello,

We have been working to eliminate this bug. The MC 2.2 version due in Q4 2007 will have this problem fixed.

Return to “MultiCharts”