Jurik MA availability

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
fltngpnt

Jurik MA availability

Postby fltngpnt » 14 Jul 2022

I went over to the Jurik Research website (www.jurikres.com) to see about buying the JMA for MultiCharts. It says they're winding down business but that you can still order over email. So I emailed, but the mail was undeliverable, and called, but the phones are disconnected.

Does anybody know of other possible sources for the function and indicator?

Kate MultiCharts

Re: Jurik MA availability

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 15 Jul 2022

Hi fltngpnt,

You might want to check the list of our partners, it’s full of great developers ;)

AdrianP

Postby AdrianP » 10 Nov 2022

If anyone might be interested in the Jurik Moving Average, here is a PDF that goes into detail explaining an effective replica it seems.
Question is, can anyone convert the multiple formulas into a useable Multicharts code? Or perhaps more correctly is there anyone willing? :)

https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/164/jurik_1.pdf

syswizard

Postby syswizard » 14 Nov 2022

The docs are incomplete or faulty. First off, the Alpha calculation produced floating point errors (overflow).
So I changed it to this:
vAlpha = Power(10, vBeta) / 100; // /100 was missing from the docs.
Still, after making that change, the final JMA value was not correct

AdrianP

Postby AdrianP » 14 Nov 2022

Thanks for the follow up syswizard.
But does the value not being the same as the Jurik actually mean anything?
I would be shocked if ANY Jurik replica generated the exact same values.
What I consider a zillion times more important, is if the general shape, reactions, and turning points, all align.
Jurik's JMA for example, has the ability to reverse quickly if the market exhibits a sharp reversal. Whereas even the better moving averages CANNOT.

syswizard

Postby syswizard » 14 Nov 2022

Something is really wrong with the computations. The plot of JMA based on my fix was not even close to the real JMA.
Something is "off" here. The prolific use of Power....does not indicate the BASE....BASE 2 or BASE 10 ?
I assumed BASE 10. That could be wrong.

fltngpnt

Postby fltngpnt » 15 Nov 2022

Since there seems to be interest in this indicator, I was able to contact the seller at this email address:

nfs@nfsmith.net

The price for the Jurik MA and a suite of other MA-based indicators was $205. For my purposes it was worth the cost. I would act fast, though, because they seem to be winding down the business.

syswizard

Postby syswizard » 24 Nov 2022

Since there seems to be interest in this indicator, I was able to contact the seller at this email address:
nfs@nfsmith.net
The price for the Jurik MA and a suite of other MA-based indicators was $205. For my purposes it was worth the cost. I would act fast, though, because they seem to be winding down the business.
This indicates no future tech support for the product. So the $205 only is a value ONLY if the source code is provided.

Return to “MultiCharts”