IB data load

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
O66

IB data load

Postby O66 » 13 Aug 2007

never had this problem before but loading a 500 bar 2 min chart ER2 without any indicators from IB cost me 6 minutes!

is it my sytem, is it IB or is it MC?
Attachments
data fill.png
(98.83 KiB) Downloaded 908 times

Postby Guest » 13 Aug 2007

In the last couple of days IB has had massive problems here too. It's an IB problem, so nothing we have an influence on :? .

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 13 Aug 2007

Is loading data from IB working any better now?

Postby Guest » 13 Aug 2007

For me it's much better now. It happened three times since last week that IB was really slow backfilling ES data during the session start. After around an hour the speed was back to normal again.

O66

Postby O66 » 14 Aug 2007

yes its back to normal now.
thanks

O66

Postby O66 » 17 Aug 2007

have the same problem again, waiting for more then 40 minutes now, still no charts!
TWS is updating fine, data is comming in.
charts in MC are completely empty

please change this, collect data in database, and add new data or something. Im sure you can fix this but this isnt workable.
Never had these problems before
this isnt very relaxed trading

Postby Guest » 17 Aug 2007

O66,

same here again, too. It's only for charts I am trying to backfill - those I opened a couple of hours before the open are just fine and updating.

But again it's an IB problem, I just browsed through ET and read that Quotetracker for example isn't able to backfill either.

Hope that IB comes back up soon :( .

R2D2

Postby R2D2 » 17 Aug 2007

same problem here - updating eminis is terrible since some weeks(!)

takes again ages to see plotted charts :evil:

O66

Postby O66 » 17 Aug 2007

ok thanks for replies
datafill is probally an IB problem, but why cant i see my charts as it was when i closed MC yesterday.
all the data from yesterday and before has to be somewhere (database)and imo it must be very easy to plot charts from that data
in TWS i see streaming data why cant mc collect that data and add that to the existing data?
i cant see wyy it takes 45 minutes to show a chart with old data and add the new data as its comming in

Postby Guest » 17 Aug 2007

That's true, I guess TS Support is already thinking about chaning this behaviour, which would absolutely make sense for me, too.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 17 Aug 2007

ok thanks for replies
datafill is probally an IB problem, but why cant i see my charts as it was when i closed MC yesterday.
all the data from yesterday and before has to be somewhere (database)and imo it must be very easy to plot charts from that data
in TWS i see streaming data why cant mc collect that data and add that to the existing data?
i cant see wyy it takes 45 minutes to show a chart with old data and add the new data as its comming in
You are right: the data you receive is stored in the database. However, when you make a request for the period you already have data for + some additional quotes - the chart will not be plotted untill you have all the data you requested. Even if you have thousands of bars already in the storage but requested some more and only 1 bar is missing the whole bulk of data won't be displayed until you have all of it.

We are working to change this and in future the program will plot right away whatever it already has - without waiting to receive the remaining data. You could also check the following thread http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=3967 - this problem was discussed there among others.

O66

Postby O66 » 17 Aug 2007

thanks for the reply.

that will be a giant leap for mankind ..

Return to “MultiCharts”