Ascii Mapping is very slow  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

Ascii Mapping is very slow

Postby Guest » 23 Aug 2007

I have a ascii data file for 2 years of 1 minute data. I use the Ascii Mapping to load the data. Then I plot the 15 minutes chart using the data. The speed is very slow. Then I add a new data to the file and use the Reload function in Multicharts. The chart redraw again but the speed is very very slow. I use the same data in TS2000i. The speed is very fast. Is there anything wrong with the Multicharts?

Marina Pashkova

[SOLVED]

Postby Marina Pashkova » 23 Aug 2007

Hello,

How long does it take to plot a chart using these ASCII file data?

Also, it would be good if you could archive and send the file you are referring to to us so that we could test it here. We guarantee that the data will be used for the testing purposes only.

Please, send the file directly to my e-mail address: mpashkova@tssupport.com

Thank you.

Postby Guest » 23 Aug 2007

You can try the attached data. I use the data to plot a 15 minutes chart. Then I use the Reload function to plot the chart again. The speed is very slow.
Attachments
SP1M DATA.rar
(225.33 KiB) Downloaded 164 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 24 Aug 2007

Hello,

I just ran tests on the file you posted. It took MC about 1 second to plot the chart. Do you have any anti-viruses installed on your computer? They could be considerably slowing down the process.

Another thing: I noticed that the file contains historical data only.So far as I understand it is not updated in real time? If that's the case, then there is no need to use ASCII mapping. I could suggest simply importing such ASCII files into QuoteManager.

ppan

Postby ppan » 12 Sep 2007

I found when the Norton Anti-virus is running, the ploting speed is slower. How to make the MC run faster if I don't want to disable the Norton Anti-virus program?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 12 Sep 2007

Hello,

I redirected your question to our engineers. They are going to look into the issue and as soon as they have results I'll post the answer.

Return to “MultiCharts”