Trade, ask and bid volume....

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bunkerbuster

Trade, ask and bid volume....

Postby bunkerbuster » 28 Aug 2007

I use eSignal with MC and i collect trade, ask and bid data in qoutemanager.

I not understand why tick by tick (symbol settings "Trade volume") the ask and bid volume (a simple indicator that plot volume = ie Plot1(volume of data x) show very high volume compared to Trade volume.

Where I'm wrong ?

Thank you
Bunker

[img]bidask.png[/img]
Attachments
bidask.png
(42.07 KiB) Downloaded 619 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 29 Aug 2007

Hello,

I ran a couple of tests where I used Volume indicators for ES trade, ask, and bid and compared their values to trade, ask, and bid volume values as displayed in eSignal original software. The values in eSignal and MC were identical. So there is no mistake here. Volumes were shown exactly the way they were received from eSignal.

Nick

Postby Nick » 30 Aug 2007

Bunker you are you plotting changes in the bid ask? That will be greater than volume as orders are added and pulled?

Cheers.

bunkerbuster

Postby bunkerbuster » 30 Aug 2007

Bunker you are you plotting changes in the bid ask? That will be greater than volume as orders are added and pulled?

Cheers.
I Nick, I guess that eSignal ask and bid data gives volume traded at bid or ask, probably I'm wrong. What I showed on the chart seems to be ask and bid order..... I should calculate volume traded at the bid and at the ask with an indicator depending of price direction i think.

Thank you
Bunker

Nick

Postby Nick » 31 Aug 2007

If you take a look there are several indicators floating around that plot volume @ bid against volume @ ask in a variety of formats. Unfortunately they only work in real time but (don't plot on historical data). Its a start at least.

Cheers,
Nick.

bunkerbuster

Postby bunkerbuster » 31 Aug 2007

If you take a look there are several indicators floating around that plot volume @ bid against volume @ ask in a variety of formats. Unfortunately they only work in real time but (don't plot on historical data). Its a start at least.

Cheers,
Nick.
Hi NIck.
I discover what are the value showed.
Pratically eSignal bid and ask price for the LEVEL1 in the DOM. I notice that if you use an indicator like me in the iage I showed you see half the volume (Indicitor was like: Plot1( Volume of data2)). If you use Plot1(Ticks of data2) you have the correct bid and ask LEVEL1.
I understand that to plot what I want (volume traded at the bid or at the ask) i need to build an indicator myself or jump around to find one that give what I need.....

Thank you for you intervention.
I hope this can helps some other user.
I've seen the MD and MarketProfile post in the forum and for what I know I would like to use ask and bid to solve more easy the problem of the database. In fact QuoteManager can record this data to use.

Bye
Bunker

Nick

Postby Nick » 04 Sep 2007

take a look at traderslaboratory forums....indicator section. There are 2 or 3 versions there.

Cheers.

Return to “MultiCharts”