Point Value from Settings does not use Regional Currency?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
2haerim

Point Value from Settings does not use Regional Currency?

Postby 2haerim » 02 Sep 2007

Again, from the Settings window,

I see Initial Capital, Commission, Slippage, Margin shows the value in regional currency unit. In my case, it is Korean Won which is the backslash character.

However, the Point Value shows it in $. Can I make it shown in my regional currency unit too?

Also, it would be better to be with thousand separating comma.

HaeRim

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 03 Sep 2007

Hello again Haerim,

We will fix the Point Value so that it could be displayed in regional currencies.

As for the comma separating thousand, we are going to consider changing the current format.

2haerim

Currency settings need to be moved to Financial tab

Postby 2haerim » 03 Sep 2007

Why don't you move the Currency settings from Display to Financial tab?

The more important feature I would like to see is to use our own regional currency for Financial tab. Currently, USD is possible, even though we can see the performance display result translated to our regional currency.

For example, I wish I could enter "Initial Capital", "Commisson", "Slippage" values using Korean Won, otherwise I have to calculate the currency ratio to enter them.

HaeRim

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 04 Sep 2007

Hello Haerim,

Talking about regional currency: how do you want to have values displayed in a regional currency without having to set the ratio?

2haerim

There are 4 more places to use regional currency characters

Postby 2haerim » 04 Sep 2007

The new beta 976.1109 still shows $ character in 4 places even after I selected to use regional currency instead of USD.

In Strategy Properties window: Initial Capital, Commission, Slippage
In Settings pane from Performance Report: Point Value

Please change the above 4 places to show regional currency charaters.

BTW, the Settings window for Performance Report and Strategy Properties windows have changed a lot.

Why don't you post such changes with detail explanation? Otherwise, users are not sure whether the new beta has come up with new bugs or actually some user interfaces are changed. I thought 976.1109 introduced new bugs and were writing a report and even capturing screens from both 928.1050 and 976.1109 . Now I am not sure they are bugs or you guys intentionally changed them.

Please post detail comparison for 928.1050 and 976.1109 in terms of user interfaces and functional changes if any.

HaeRim

Return to “MultiCharts”