files where is saved the datafee  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

files where is saved the datafee

Postby Guest » 02 Aug 2007

Anyone know in wich files is saved the datafee? for ex: i receive "ESU7" from IB in Multicharts, in wich file is saved the datafee? I have that formate my computar and i would like to save this file.

Thank you.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 03 Aug 2007

Hello,

At the data is saved here:
Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\TS Support\MultiCharts\Databases\
FBPORTFOLIO.GDB
TSCACHE.GDB
TSSTORAGE.GDB

duwdu

Postby duwdu » 03 Aug 2007

Hello,

Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\TS Support\MultiCharts\Databases\
FBPORTFOLIO.GDB
TSCACHE.GDB
TSSTORAGE.GDB
Just in case it helps someone, mine are saved in:
Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Application Data\TS Support\MultiCharts\Databases\

... note the additional tag of ".WINDOWS" ... :o I am running XPpro sp2 with all updates. YMMV.

duwdu

Possible Bug and additional question

Postby Guest » 17 Aug 2007

Marina wrote-
Hello,

FBPORTFOLIO.GDB
TSCACHE.GDB
TSSTORAGE.GDB

Using the latest 1050 beta,last week I attempted to get rid of a few months of tick/volume data by Deleting the 'TSCACHE.GDB' and the TSSTORAGE.GDB databases, but I left the 'FBPORTFOLIO.GBD to save all my settings.

I then tried to load up MC ,but it would not load.

Then tried reinstalling it using the 'REPAIR' mode,and it got down to the final 1 second,and malfunctioned.

I tried the 'Repair a second time and got the same results.

Next I tried to Reinstall the whole MC program,AGAIN it got down to the last second of installing and would not continue.

Tried the reinstall again-same thing.

The only way I was eventually able to reinstall was for me to manually delete the 'FBPORTFOLIO.GDB'. Why is this?

Finally,and I know this was asked before in a similar way,but no answer was forthcoming from TS, - what is the proper procedure if one wants to save ONLY the last 8 days (or whatever) of tick and volume date for about a dozen future contracts using IB as a datafeed?

Thanks

Marina Pashkova

[SOLVED]

Postby Marina Pashkova » 17 Aug 2007

Hello,

MultiCharts won't function if you delete those files in the database. This is a program's component and should not be deleted.

When you tried reinstallation with some of the files missing it couldn't be done because of the file count.

Regarding your second question, there is no way to save data for only some of the symbols over a certain period of time from a particular provider. Database can be saved as a whole only.

Postby Guest » 19 Aug 2007

Marina wrote-

"Regarding your second question, there is no way to save data for only some of the symbols over a certain period of time from a particular provider. Database can be saved as a whole only."

Thank you for the reply.

Perhaps I was not clear-I would want to save only the last 8 days of tick/volume data for ALL of the symbols in the database, Is this possible?

If not,how do I go about deleting ALL of the data so that I can download just the past 8 days worth from the vendor,plus of course,saving all my settings,etc?

Also would like to defrag and keep the database compact,is this possible?

Thanks again.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 20 Aug 2007

The only way to partially delete the data is to do it manually in QuoteManager. Right-click the symbol, go to Edit Data. A dialogue window will be called up. There you will be able to delete the records you do not need.

Has your database expanded too much? I most cases databases are below 1GB and are perfectly manageable.

Postby Guest » 21 Aug 2007

The only way to partially delete the data is to do it manually in QuoteManager. Right-click the symbol, go to Edit Data. A dialogue window will be called up. There you will be able to delete the records you do not need.

Has your database expanded too much? I most cases databases are below 1GB and are perfectly manageable.

Thanks for the reply Marina,

That is the way I currently delete the data I no longer want,but it is a pia to keep doing..

Yes,so far my data bases are below 1 gig. Guess I am still thinking of the older TS 4 and 2000i versions where a friend wrote a program to clean And Defrag the databases whenever wanted.

traderstuff

Postby traderstuff » 02 Sep 2007

Over time many futures symbols expire and are no longer kept listed on the Quotemanager screen.

How does one go about looking at all the database files so a
selective process can be done to delete permanently those contracts or partial contracts that are no longer wanted?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 03 Sep 2007

When a symbol expires it is still shown in QuoteManager window. To delete this symbol you need to run QuoteManager, right-click the symbol and choose "Delete Symbol".

traderstuff

Postby traderstuff » 03 Sep 2007

When a symbol expires it is still shown in QuoteManager window. To delete this symbol you need to run QuoteManager, right-click the symbol and choose "Delete Symbol".

Thank you Marina,

OK,when I delete the symbol from Quotemanager,will that automatically delete ALL the data files for that symbol?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 03 Sep 2007

Exactly. So all you need to do is delete the symbols you no longer need.

traderstuff

Postby traderstuff » 03 Sep 2007

Thanks Marina - good to know.

Return to “MultiCharts”