oanda realtime data in MC

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
dupl

oanda realtime data in MC

Postby dupl » 05 Sep 2007

Hello,
would it be possible to chart realtime data from oanda API in MC? What kind of programming is required for this? I am not a programmer, so could you give me a hint, how much would it cost ca.?

Thanks

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 05 Sep 2007

Hello,

First of all, you will need to contact oanda and ask them if they provide DDE for their quotes. If they do, please contact us through LiveChat http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html and we will help you with setting up this data source.

dupl

Postby dupl » 05 Sep 2007

Hello,
they dont provide DDE for their quotes.
How much work would it be, to code an extra DDE server for MC and the oanda API?

But there is somethimg for TS200i and maybe also relevant for MC?
Could you, or professional users say something about it, if it could work with MC?

Automated FX Trading with OandA to TS Software L. (OATS)
- TS 2000i ELS file
- Documentation
www.snapdragonsystems.com

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 06 Sep 2007

One of the built-in MC data providers is Global Server which is TS2000i data server.

If you have TS2000i you could use the dll you mentioned to get data from oanda into TS. Having done this, if you choose Global Server as a data provider for MC you could get the data from oanda collected in TS into MultiCharts.

Another option would be to seek help with programmers who could create a dll for MC to get oanda datafeed.

Return to “MultiCharts”