optimize with data2 does not work

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
RS

optimize with data2 does not work

Postby RS » 01 Oct 2007

Hi,

I'm currently working with the latest MC 2.1 (2.1.999.999) version and run into the following problem:

When I have the following statement in my signal:

EMALongTimeframe= XAverage(close, LengthEMALongTimeframe) of data2 {longer time frame data};

the optimizer gives the error "Not enough series length". But changing this value, even to extreme hights, doesn't solve the problem. I looks like that the optimizer can not handle multiple date series.

Do I make a mistake or is there a workaround for it?

Thanks in advance,
Rob.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 02 Oct 2007

Dear Rob,

To help you we will need the following info:

1. The signal where you have the error. We cannot compile the line you provided. You can e-mail the signal to mpashkova@tssupport.com

2. Could you please tell us what symbols and how many bars you applied the signal to?

3. What optimization parameters did you use?

Thank you.

RS

Postby RS » 03 Oct 2007

Marina,

As a supplement on the email I send you yesterday, I have found some interesting new information on the problem.

It looks like that when the data series are active (sessions are open, real time data feed is coming in) the error occurs. When I change the 'from date' of the data ranges in the past (no real time data feed) I can optimize!

Maybe it is because the completion of the bars of the two data series are out of sync (different BarInterval) when there is a real time data feed. When working only with ended sessions al the bars are completed.

Hopes this help us solving the problem.

Rob.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 03 Oct 2007

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the info. Our programmers will look into the issue. I will keep you posted about the results.

Regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”