let QM backfill after loss of conection

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
gautama2

let QM backfill after loss of conection

Postby gautama2 » 01 Oct 2007

Hi,

QM doesn't do backfill after having lost connection to Interactive Brokers.
It just starts collecting and so i get a hole in my database.

Regards
Robert

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 03 Oct 2007

Hello,

Could you please check the following:

In MultiCharts, please go to File -> Preferences -> Data Server Mode and make sure the field I Want to Download Missing Data is checked.

If the field is checked but the data is not backfilled after the connection is recovered please let us know.

gautama2

Postby gautama2 » 03 Oct 2007

Hello,

Could you please check the following:

In MultiCharts, please go to File -> Preferences -> Data Server Mode and make sure the field I Want to Download Missing Data is checked.

If the field is checked but the data is not backfilled after the connection is recovered please let us know.
Hello,
the field is checked. Provlem is only if internet connection is lost and then again available. MC is stil running, so not started again and data stream begins to be available again, then data is just received from this moment on without automatically backfilling it seems. Or maybe it is backfilled, but nothing is seen in the charts because they are not reloaded. But also QM shows the data hole. Even after reloading the chart, i do not get always the backfill.
TWS 873.3 MC 2.1.999.999

Regards
Robert
Attachments
tssmc05.png
(19.02 KiB) Downloaded 662 times
tssmc04.png
(71.62 KiB) Downloaded 649 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 04 Oct 2007

Hi Robert,

I just reproduced the situation you described:

I requested tick data (if I'm not mistaken you were plotting tick-charts) for FDAX DEC 07 from IB. After several bars were plotted I closed TWS thus breaking the connection b/w MC and IB. Real-time quotes stopped coming. However, after I reopened TWS not only real-time quotes resumed but the gaps were filled as well. In other words, the gaps were automatically filled and I could not reproduce the problem you encountered.

I looked at the screenshots you sent us and noticed that one of those shows settings in QuoteManager -> Tools -> DataSources. However, to enable backfilling another option needs to be checked as well. Could you please double-check the following: go to MultiCharts (not QuoteManager) -> File -> Preferences -> Data Server Mode and make sure that 'I want to download missing data' is checked.

Regards.

gautama2

Postby gautama2 » 04 Oct 2007

Hi Marina,

this field is checked. Maybe it is a difference if only connection is interrupted, but TWS remains open, as MC doesn' relaize that there was an interrupt.
Only if TWS is closed and opened again, MC might be aware that data needs backfill.
If i am not at home, i am connected via my cellphone and if i get a call, the datastream is broken and needs to be started again after the call. Umpf.

And in this case, i get no backfill. Even if deleting the new collected data after the hole and then reloading the chart, i do not see a change.
You can see a chart where i made an indicator that shows the difference in minutes between the bars.
Regards
Robert
Attachments
tssmc013.png
(87.31 KiB) Downloaded 662 times
tssmc06.png
(19.82 KiB) Downloaded 660 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 08 Oct 2007

Hi Robert,

With minute charts there will be no automatic gapfilling - reload needs to be done. In future, not only tick-based but also other resolutions will be fackfilled automatically. However, at the moment I can't give you any ETA on that.

Also, when you don't notice any changes after deleting recent data and doing a reload - are you looking at a tick- or minute-based resolution? If it a tick-based resolution, cache needs to be cleared as well.

Finally, in most cases reload should help. If it doesn't try closing and reopening the Workspace as well.

Regards.

gautama2

Postby gautama2 » 08 Oct 2007

Hi Robert,

With minute charts there will be no automatic gapfilling - reload needs to be done. In future, not only tick-based but also other resolutions will be fackfilled automatically. However, at the moment I can't give you any ETA on that.

Also, when you don't notice any changes after deleting recent data and doing a reload - are you looking at a tick- or minute-based resolution? If it a tick-based resolution, cache needs to be cleared as well.

Finally, in most cases reload should help. If it doesn't try closing and reopening the Workspace as well.

Regards.
Hello,
in QM i checked for "Fields to collect" Tick, Minute and Day.
So i think i have tickbased resolution?

Regards
Robert

gautama2

Postby gautama2 » 09 Oct 2007

Hi Robert,

Closing and reopening wsp doesn't help.

DTB Futures are problem, IDEALPRO no problem. Reload makes backfill, but with DTB Futures there is no backfill it seems.

Regards
Robert

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 09 Oct 2007

Hi Robert,

Regards.
Hello,
in QM i checked for "Fields to collect" Tick, Minute and Day.
So i think i have tickbased resolution?

Regards
Robert
This mode "Fields to collect" is only relevant if you are collecting symbols without plotting a chart - when the symbol status in online in QuoteManager. However, if the symbol status is offline and you are plotting a chart, then no matter what fields are checked in the "Fields to collect" you will be getting the data in the resolution that's plotted on the chart.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 09 Oct 2007

Hi Robert,

Closing and reopening wsp doesn't help.

DTB Futures are problem, IDEALPRO no problem. Reload makes backfill, but with DTB Futures there is no backfill it seems.

Regards
Robert
Hi Robert,

I ran the following test for a DTB symbol - FDAX DEC 07.

I plotted a 1-minute chart and then closed TWS. When 30 minutes later I reopened TWS and did a reload in MC all the missing data was received.

In other words, I haven't been able to reproduce the problem you are reporting.

We could try and fix the issue via HelpDesk - a remote connection utility. This way we would see what exactly is going on on your machine.

To get assistance via HelpDesk please contact us through LiveChat http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html, remind the customer support representative what the problem is and let him/her know that we were going to have a look at your computer via HelpDesk.

Regards

gautama2

Postby gautama2 » 09 Oct 2007

Hello Marina,

i will do that when i'm back home having a highspeed connection.

Regards
Robert

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 10 Oct 2007

Hi Robert,

Please note that our customer support office hours are 6:30 am - 2:00 pm EST.

Regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”