tsServer eats up all the VM for 2 Point Chart

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
2haerim

tsServer eats up all the VM for 2 Point Chart

Postby 2haerim » 04 Oct 2007

Try open a 2 point chart.

tsServer uses up all the VM and crashes!!!

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 04 Oct 2007

Dear Haerim,

As I mentioned in our conversation, when choosing points as a resolution it is necessary to take into consideration price scale for the particular symbol.

At the moment, working with this resolution is not exactly intuitive which can lead to the errors like the one you mentioned. We are going to improve this in future.

2haerim

Above 4 Points chart work ok, but 1,2,3 Points Chart crash

Postby 2haerim » 04 Oct 2007

Marina,

Now, I know what value I have to enter into the Compression field when plotting Point Chart.

However, I've just tried increasing the compression one by one.

The symbol is Kospi200 Futues with Price Scale 1/100 and MinMove 5.

The result is that Compression value up to 4 or above works fine. But for 1, 2, and 3, tsServer very rapidly eats up all the virtual memory to make the whole computer not working.

What difference does the value 1,2,3 and 4 or above in the Compression value make?

When entering 1,2,3, or 4 into Compression field, MC would try to plot 0.01, 0.02, 0.03, or 0.04 Points(I mean the traditional "Points") chart. Of course, they are meaningless in practical point of view.

Why 0.03 Point Chart does not crash, but 0.04 Point chart crash?

Both 0.03 and 0.04 Point charts would technically behave the same.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 05 Oct 2007

Hi Haerim,

So far we don't have an answer to your question. But as I mentioned before we are working to solve the problem with the application eating up all memory when too small a resolution is chosen for point bars.

2haerim

My point is that...

Postby 2haerim » 05 Oct 2007

So far we don't have an answer to your question. But as I mentioned before we are working to solve the problem with the application eating up all memory when too small a resolution is chosen for point bars
I understand your point, but I am curious why 1,2,3 eats up mem and crashes but 4 or above works ok. Why 3 triggers MC to eat up mem, but 4 does not?

If 1,2,3 shows the same behaviour for all symbols, I would suggest MC could pop up a message box asking user to enter a value 4 or above to plot a Point Chart.

If each symbol has different triggering value, then there must be a way of internally calculating it so that MC could ask user to enter a value higher thatn that one to plot a Point Chart.

My point is that NEVER make MC crash no matter what. Just find a way to prevent it if you cannot find the ideal solution.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 05 Oct 2007

Dear Haerim,

Thank you for you suggestion. That's exaclty what we are working on right now.

Return to “MultiCharts”