Problem in Auto Trading 2 systems

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ppan

Problem in Auto Trading 2 systems

Postby ppan » 25 Oct 2007

I set up 2 one minute charts with same symbol and then apply the following system to the 2 charts:

IF C > C[1] THEN BUY NEXT BAR AT MARKET;
IF C < C[1] THEN SELLSHORT NEXT BAR AT MARKET;

After a new signal, the total open contracts will be added by 2, e.g. 2, 4, 6, 8. I think this is a buy of the auto trading.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 26 Oct 2007

Hello,

In the current MultiCharts version trading from two different charts for the same symbol is not supported. Sending signals from two different charts with the same symbol will generate errors like the one you're describing. TS doesn't allow executing orders from two charts for the same symbols at all. To avoid such errors signals should be sent from one chart only.

ppan

Postby ppan » 28 Oct 2007

Is there any method or program can trade the same symbol in different time frames and systems?
Will you add this feature in the future?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 29 Oct 2007

Trading the same symbol from different strategies is very difficult to implement technically. In the coming MC versions this possibility won't be permitted at all.

However in future, we are going to look for a solution to implement trading the same symbol using different strategies.

2haerim

Does this limitation apply to TS too?

Postby 2haerim » 29 Oct 2007

I am not sure I understand this prolbem clearly.

Please specify if this is a limitation of both MC and TS or just that of MC.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 30 Oct 2007

HaeRim,

TS does not permit such operations at all. The current version of MultiCharts allows them, but soon the same limitation will be imposed in MC as the one that is currently imposed in TS.

However, in future we would like to make trading the same symbol possible. And we'll work on this feature. However, this won't be implemented in the nearest MC versions.

Return to “MultiCharts”