Unable to create session template

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Geoff

Unable to create session template

Postby Geoff » 09 Nov 2007

When I try and create a session template or custom session starting

Sunday 18:30 - Monday 06:00
Monday 09:30 - Monday 13:15

QuoteManager will not let me do it as it keeps changing the first line when I enter the second line.

TJ

Postby TJ » 09 Nov 2007

you need to input the time in 24:00 format.

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 10 Nov 2007

Yes TJ I am, as you can see above.

TJ

Postby TJ » 11 Nov 2007

try "Close" the sunday session at 24:00, but don't check the "Session End" box.
then create a second line with "Open" at monday at 00:00... and "Close" at 06:00. Check the "Session Close" box...

and so on...

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 11 Nov 2007

OK I'm getting somewhere. It appears that it is just an auto sort issue, so it always wants to move Sunday down to the bottom. See attached the only problem I still have is that I get error "Set Session End" when I uncheck this on the Sunday night session. This should be possible as it is done in some of the included templates "CME: Equity Index Futures [E-mini] (Combined)" for example.
Attachments
sess1.JPG
Session end on Sunday night session not wanted
(45.18 KiB) Downloaded 1206 times
sess2.JPG
Error when trying to do the same
(43.97 KiB) Downloaded 1190 times
sess3.JPG
Built in example works OK
(45.42 KiB) Downloaded 1206 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 12 Nov 2007

Dear Geoff,

Please compare the screenshot with a pre-build session with the session settings where you get an error. You will see that they are different. The principle is as follows: the very last session end must be checked. The layout must be changed accordingly.

If you would like to get further details please let me know.

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 12 Nov 2007

Yes but the problem is it automatically moves the Sunday night session down to the bottom so it is last not first as it should be.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 14 Nov 2007

Hi Geoff,

There are a number of sorting issues involved. They will be all corrected in future. For now, I would suggest taking this sorting peculiarity into consideration and adjusting the template accordingly.

Best regards.

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 15 Nov 2007

...For now, I would suggest taking this sorting peculiarity into consideration and adjusting the template accordingly.

Best regards.
How do I do that and create a session starting on Sunday night followed by a Monday day session?

Also the current included templates do not reflect that CBOT Agricultural contracts trade side by side with the pit contract (this changed about 18 months ago). Please could you update the templates to reflect this in the next version.

http://www.cbot.com/cbot/pub/page/0,3181,932,00.html

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 15 Nov 2007

Dear Geoff,

I am afraid in the current implementation it would be impossible to set the session according to those times. This implementation is flawed and will be corrected in the nearest future.

Nick

Postby Nick » 21 Nov 2007

When you look at the implementation it would be good to easily switch on and off different sessions on charts. Currently we can have day session or 24 hours starting at midnight. 24 hours starting at 9.30 or 24 hours starting at 4.30 would be good. A little more flexibility. Cheers.

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 21 Nov 2007

Agreed Nick. We need the ability to select sessions for the chart rather than just on the symbol in QuoteManager. As it is at the moment if you select the correct hours on a future that has an overnight session it is impossible to display a regular hours chart or alternatively you can set the symbol to regular session hours but then a daily chart will not update during the overnight session.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 21 Nov 2007

Hi Nick and Geoff,

We will soon add the ability to set and use many different sessions for the same symbol which could be selected directly from the chart.

Best regards.

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 27 Jan 2008

Marina,

Can you tell me if all the following have been fixed in the 3.0 Beta 1 release?

1) Session template sorting bug
2) Amended template for CBOT electronic ags
3) Ability to select different sessions on the chart

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 28 Jan 2008

Hello Geoff,

Unfortunately, none of the issues you mentioned have been implemented in the latest beta. We are planning to fix the session sorting issue, but there is still no ETA as to when this could be implemented.

Best regards.

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 03 Jun 2008

Has this been fixed in 3.1?

FXXX

sessions

Postby FXXX » 02 Jul 2008

I am pretty much interested in the same... I need to be able to display as many as I want custom created sessions per symbol. It seems that this feature hasnt been added yet in 3.1

For example - I want chart on EURUSD with the regular 24hr session, and I want another EURUSD chart with cutom created session.... It seems that it is impossible as I can only change the EURUSD session in quote manager, so it will be either the 24hrs session OR my custom created session. Not possible to use both in two different charts.

Please advice.

TJ

Re: sessions

Postby TJ » 02 Jul 2008

I am pretty much interested in the same... I need to be able to display as many as I want custom created sessions per symbol. It seems that this feature hasnt been added yet in 3.1

For example - I want chart on EURUSD with the regular 24hr session, and I want another EURUSD chart with cutom created session.... It seems that it is impossible as I can only change the EURUSD session in quote manager, so it will be either the 24hrs session OR my custom created session. Not possible to use both in two different charts.

Please advice.
the solution is simple...

just set the template per your custom session.
the 24hr is automatically included... you can set it at the chart level.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 03 Jul 2008

Please advice.
Hi FXXX,

When you plot a symbol, in the Format Symbol window you can choose b/w the 24 hour and the regular sessions. The regular session settings are taken from QuoteManager. Those can be either the default settings or custom sessions that you have created.

So you can totally plot the same symbol with two different session settings: the 24 hour and regular (whatever those are).

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Best regards.

FXXX

Postby FXXX » 03 Jul 2008

the point is ... how can I plot two different Custom Session chsrts?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 07 Jul 2008

Hi FXXX,

In the currect version of Multicharts, you can't plot two custom sessions for the same symbol. However, we are planning this feature for the future versions of the program.

Return to “MultiCharts”