Load State Gauge

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ndn

Load State Gauge

Postby ndn » 23 Nov 2007

I notice in my system the Load State Gauge turns red when the market is fast, showing more than 1000 quotes sometimes in the queue. According to writeup, this is due to insufficient system resources to process all of the streaming data in real time.

I am running on W2K OS, P4 2.4 Hz having 1G ram onboard, running only MC, with eSignal Datamanager, and trades YM only thru TWS.

What is the best way to reduce the number of quotes in the queue? Will increasing my ram to 2G onboard and changing to Windows XP OS sufficient or it is best to update my system to current PC systems having quadcore, higher ram onboard....

Regards.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 26 Nov 2007

Hi ndn,

Your machine has enough resources to run MultiCharts and eSignal without any problems, but of course, the more RAM available the better.

The reason for the above problem might be a firewall or an antivirus problem. They might interfere with the system's performance. I would suggest changing settings for those. However, if you have neither firewall nor antivirus programs running and still have this problem, please contact us through LiveChat and our customer support representatives will have a look at the problem via HelpDesk.

Regards.

ndn

Postby ndn » 29 Nov 2007

Marina,
Thanks for the suggestion. I will need to relook the firewall and antivirus installations on my PC.
Regards.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 30 Nov 2007

You're welcome.

Just let me know if you still have problems with quotes in the queue.

Return to “MultiCharts”