IB Datafeed problem

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
sim

IB Datafeed problem

Postby sim » 01 Dec 2007

I m a new user. I hv problem getting realtime data from IB. I hv watched the IB datafeed video and follow the simple setup steps. It seems that i could get connected to IB but the realtime column in quotemanager show offline. Please help n thanks.

Sim
Attachments
QuoteManager(1)-30Nov07.bmp
(1.65 MiB) Downloaded 423 times

dupl

Postby dupl » 03 Dec 2007

Rightclick the column, than you can make modifications...

Or open a chart with your symbol...

Marina Pashkova

Re: IB Datafeed problem

Postby Marina Pashkova » 03 Dec 2007

I m a new user. I hv problem getting realtime data from IB. I hv watched the IB datafeed video and follow the simple setup steps. It seems that i could get connected to IB but the realtime column in quotemanager show offline. Please help n thanks.

Sim
Dear Sim,

I have to admit that the Realtime Status column in QuoteManager might be misleading. If the status for a symbol is Offline as shown in that particular column, it simply means that you only get the data coming if you plot a chart for the symbol. If you want to get data without plotting a chart, just right-click the symbol and click Connect Symbol.

Regards.

sim

Postby sim » 04 Dec 2007

Thanks Marina & Dupl.

It seems to receive real time data after i choose SMART instead of ARCA data.
This was not mentioned in the intro video. Am i doing the right step although it seems to work at this moment.

Regards

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 06 Dec 2007

Hi Sim,

The reason why you couldn't plot anything from the ARCA exchange is that your account might have no entitlement for this particular exchange. To check it, you can try and plot any of the ARCA symbols in TWS. If you can't plot any charts there as well that would mean you don't have entitlement for the symbols from this exchange.

Hope the above helps.

Best regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”