Stock Traders

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
york timothy

Stock Traders

Postby york timothy » 30 Nov 2007

Hello,
I just started using MC a few days ago and prior to MC I was using AB. The set-up is different and I would appreciate e-mailing another stock trader to see how you handle your stock set-up. I would be grateful for any help you might be able to give. I am going to be trading Canadian stocks and American ETF's. Thank you.

Kindest regards,

Tim

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 03 Dec 2007

Hi Tim,

If you could specify what kind of stock setup you are talking about we would try to help you.

Best regards.

york timothy

Postby york timothy » 03 Dec 2007

Hi Tim,

If you could specify what kind of stock setup you are talking about we would try to help you.

Best regards.
Hi Marina,
Thank you for your kind offer. I use AB as well as MC. In AB I have the stocks I'm interested in broken down into watchlists. 1 watchlist will contain Uranium stocks, another watchlist will contain oils another ETF's etc. I am not sure how to accomplish this with MC.
Another thing is that I can use Notepad to import these symbols into the watchlists which makes it very easy to manage a large number of symbols instead of importing them a few at a time from Esignal. For stock traders this is a wonderful help when dealing with a significant number of symbols. Thank you.

Kindest regards,

Tim

iso

Postby iso » 04 Dec 2007

Hi Tim,

I trade from a pool of 500+ symbols. I haven't found a way to do it in MC yet. I am hoping they make it more friendly for users who trade many symbols.

Regards

york timothy

Postby york timothy » 05 Dec 2007

Hi Tim,

I trade from a pool of 500+ symbols. I haven't found a way to do it in MC yet. I am hoping they make it more friendly for users who trade many symbols.

Regards
Thank you ISO for your comments. That is what I was afraid of. It isn't a problem if you're only dealing with a few futures contracts or stock symbols but if it involves a few hundred stock symbols it is problematic.
Sometimes I wish someone would take the best from a number of charting packages and put them all together in one software program...lol. I hope they address this issue as well as making it easier to import lists of symbols into the database instead of a few at a time from the data provider. One can only hope.

regards,

Tim

york timothy

Postby york timothy » 05 Dec 2007

Hi Tim,

Best regards.
Hi Marina,
Thank you for your kind offer. I use AB as well as MC. In AB I have the stocks I'm interested in broken down into watchlists. 1 watchlist will contain Uranium stocks, another watchlist will contain oils another ETF's etc. I am not sure how to accomplish this with MC.
Another thing is that I can use Notepad to import these symbols into the watchlists which makes it very easy to manage a large number of symbols instead of importing them a few at a time from Esignal. For stock traders this is a wonderful help when dealing with a significant number of symbols. Thank you.

Kindest regards,

Tim

Hi marina,
Any thoughts on how to accomplish what I outlined?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 06 Dec 2007

Dear Tim,

I apologize for the dealy.

At the moment, there are no watchlists in MultiCharts which does create some difficulties managing symbols. However, this problem will be solved in the upcoming MultiCharts version which will have Navigator similar to what they have in AB.

In future, we are also planning to implement importing symbol lists and add lists of favorite symbols.

Best regards.

york timothy

Postby york timothy » 06 Dec 2007

Dear Tim,

I apologize for the dealy.

At the moment, there are no watchlists in MultiCharts which does create some difficulties managing symbols. However, this problem will be solved in the upcoming MultiCharts version which will have Navigator similar to what they have in AB.

In future, we are also planning to implement importing symbol lists and add lists of favorite symbols.

Best regards.

Hi Marina,
For those of us who trade stocks, thank you. That will help a great deal in managing a significant database of stock symbols. Please realize my suggestions are meant only to offer ideas of ways to improve your software for other users as well as myself. Thank you for your consideration of this idea.

warmest regards,

Tim

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 10 Dec 2007

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your feedback and input. It is very important for us to hear what features our customers would like to see implemented. Some of the features are implemented sooner, others take more time to develop, but our customers' contribution is always most welcome.

Thank you.

Return to “MultiCharts”