Pivot Point Study

Studies that have been contributed to the community by other users. If you’ve got something useful to share, that’s great!
ABC

Pivot Point Study

Postby ABC » 05 Dec 2007

This is the outcome of the thread started by O66 http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=4025 about a simpe pivot point study. I thought it would be easier to put it here than to dig through the forums first.

Best regards,
ABC
Attachments
ABC_Floor Trader Pivots V3.xml
Floor Trader Pivots for MC and MCFXPro
(15.36 KiB) Downloaded 909 times

synonym

The code for this has become encrypted or corrputed...

Postby synonym » 26 Mar 2009

HI
I was wondering why the attached file for the pivot point indicator is either corrputed or encrypted? Anyone know? There are lots on the TSS forums like this. Is it something to do with MC policy or the like?
Thanks
Syn

TJ

Postby TJ » 26 Mar 2009

this is a xml file.

first, download the file into your computer,

then use your PowerEditor to import the indicator.

synonym

Postby synonym » 26 Mar 2009

Thanks for that TJ! I'm new to MC and so wasn't aware you could do that.
I really like this indicator but i'd like to make my own tweaks to it. I have already changed what are currently RR/SS3 to RR/SS4 and inserted a new RR/SS3 inbetween the current levels 2 and the new level at 4 (the old 3). This was my first (albeit tiny) bit of coding.

There are two things i would really like to do to this indicator, but don't know how. I'd really appreciate anyones help.

1) To display the prices (as well as the label, e.g. 27.93 RR2) at each floor level

2) To have it plot the levels in anticipation of the forthcoming period, i.e. at the end of trading today, to plot the levels in the clear space at the end of the chart where the tomorrow's bars will plot. Otherwise you still have manually calculate the forthcming pivot levels and add them to the chart (or simply bear them in mind), which is far from ideal.

Is anyone able to help me with this?
Thanks
Syn

TJ

Postby TJ » 16 Apr 2009

Thanks for that TJ! ...

1) To display the prices (as well as the label, e.g. 27.93 RR2) at each floor level

Thanks
Syn
change

PPTxt = Text_New(Date, StartTime, PP, "PP");

to

PPTxt = Text_New(Date, StartTime, PP, "PP=" + text(pp) );

Return to “User Contributed Studies and Indicator Library”