contracting/expanding windows

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
frenchfry

contracting/expanding windows

Postby frenchfry » 30 Nov 2007

One thing that really pisses me off with Multicharts is that chart windows contract and expand if they are not active and you click somewhere in the chart to activate them.

I have several smaller chart windows open at the same time which have some lines in them. What happens usually is that even thoug I don't click on a line in the chart window that this stupid cursor somehow anyway catches the line because the window is being rescaled when you select it in order to display the top bar of the window. Really, really annoying because the lines are moved and you don't know where they were before.

Please have a look at how eSignal is doing it. You don't first have to select a window in order to draw lines. You just select the line tool and then draw the line immediately in any of the open windows that you want. And the windows don't rescale anytime you select them.

Thanks.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 03 Dec 2007

Hi,

Could you please contact us through LiveChat? The thing is that I haven't been able to reproduce the problem on our end. We would really appreciate it if you could show the issue via HelpDesk - our remote control utility.

Just contact us through LiveChat http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html and tell a customer support representative what the problem is. After that you will be asked to launch HelpDesk (and given instructions how to do it if necessary) and you'll be able to show us exanding/contracting windows.

Best regards.

Nick

Postby Nick » 07 Dec 2007

In addition windows loose there settings for scaling between restarts. They also loose there position within the workspace between restarts if they are minimised when you restart.

These things should be remembered session to session.

Cheers

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 11 Dec 2007

In addition windows loose there settings for scaling between restarts. They also loose there position within the workspace between restarts if they are minimised when you restart.

These things should be remembered session to session.

Cheers
Dear Nick,

I could not reproduce the problem on our end. Could you please contact us through LiveChat and then show us the chart resizing/rescaling issue via HelpDesk?

Best regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”