Another basic range bar question

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Nick

Another basic range bar question

Postby Nick » 03 Dec 2007

Could some one explain briefly the difference between the two range bar types (range and original range)

Original 'looks right' but seems to start bars before the range has changed enough. The other type appears to operate correctly but frequently leaves gaps which may be correct depending on what its doing.

Thanks.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 03 Dec 2007

Hi Nick,

Below please see a quote from MultiCharts help.

True Range-based chart: All the bars are equal in height. The high-low range for each of the bars represents exactly the defined number of points. If the price movement between the current and next tick exceeds the defined number of points, as many "virtual" bars as required to cover this price movement are created. This allows getting smooth charts always thus prevents sensitive indicators from malfunctioning.

Original Range-based chart: The bars may be not equal in height. The bars displaying large price movement can be several times as high as the other bars displaying small price changes. If the price movement between the current and

If the explanation is not clear enough please let me know and I'll try to provied further details.

Best regards.

Nick

Postby Nick » 07 Dec 2007

Thanks,

apologies for not checking there first.

Cheers.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 11 Dec 2007

Thanks,

apologies for not checking there first.

Cheers.
No problem. If you have more questions, just let me know.

Regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”