Drawing objects

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
iso

Drawing objects

Postby iso » 05 Dec 2007

Hello,

Is there anyone who uses MC and uses the drawing tools for the majority of their trading? My question is if you do analysis on symbols that are in the same price range, how do you manage changing from symbol to symbol and seeing all of the drawings from other symbols in the same price range?

Thanks for the help.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 11 Dec 2007

Hi iso,

Could you please give us more details on what you would like to do? At this point it is hard to give you any tips because I don't quite understand the task.

Thank you.

iso

Postby iso » 11 Dec 2007

Hi Marina,

See post ....

http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=

My trading is based solely off of drawings. So if you want to chart more then one symbol in MC it is not possible because MC leaves all drawing objects from all symbols on the chart. So when you switch to a new symbol, you have no clue if the line you are looking at is from the current symbol or a previous one.

Thanks

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 11 Dec 2007

Hi iso,

Would you like the have the drawing parameters saved in memory for a particular symbol and not drawn for a different symbol when switching? We are going to consider implementing this feature in future.

Best regards.

iso

Postby iso » 11 Dec 2007

Well when you switch to a different symbol that trades in the same price range, you should not see what you have drawn for he first symbol. I'm not sure how other application actually do it but MC is the first that I have seen that is this way.

Thanks

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 12 Dec 2007

Hi iso,

The reason for such implementation is that many users asked us to keep the drawings in place when they switched between different symbols or resolutions. However, most probably, this implementation will be changed in future.

Regards.

iso

Postby iso » 12 Dec 2007

I agree 100% that drawings should stay in place when changing to a different symbol so when you go back to the first symbol the drawings are still there, but you should not be able to see the drawings you did on the SPY when you switch to the DIA for example....

Thanks
Attachments
07-12-05 14.39.35001.png
(31.8 KiB) Downloaded 736 times
07-12-05 14.40.06001.png
(30.85 KiB) Downloaded 736 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 13 Dec 2007

Hi iso,

We will consider changing the feature.

Best regards.

miltonc4

Postby miltonc4 » 13 Dec 2007

Hi marina
Along similiar lines,if a chart has lots of text,added manually,and is changed to a different compression,only some of the text re-appears with the new chart compression (Even after saving workspace,before changing)
All text needs to be saved automatically by MC,and reloaded if another compression or different symbol in same chart is made

Saves having to add lost text again
Thanks
Milton

Nick

Postby Nick » 20 Dec 2007

As a drawer get my vote!

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 21 Dec 2007

Hi marina
Along similiar lines,if a chart has lots of text,added manually,and is changed to a different compression,only some of the text re-appears with the new chart compression (Even after saving workspace,before changing)
All text needs to be saved automatically by MC,and reloaded if another compression or different symbol in same chart is made

Saves having to add lost text again
Thanks
Milton
Hi miltonc4,

Could you please send us a screenshot before and after? Thank you.

Return to “MultiCharts”