VOTE FOR MULTICHARTS!

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Marina Pashkova

VOTE FOR MULTICHARTS!

Postby Marina Pashkova » 07 Dec 2007

Dear Customers,

We are happy to announce that this year, after the publication of two articles about MultiCharts in Stocks & Commodities, we have entered the annual competition for the Readers’ Choice Award (RCA) organized by the magazine. If MultiCharts is your trading platform of choice, we invite you to support us and vote on Stocks & Commodities website.

Every single vote counts. By voting for MultiCharts you can help us create a superior product for you. Winning the Readers’ Choice Award will result in increased sales and higher profits, which in their turn will give us additional development funds – to deliver you a better MultiCharts sooner. This is why we ask our customers to vote for us. Help us to improve your trading platform!

You can submit your vote for MultiCharts in the voting section on Stocks & Commodities website, in the category ‘Standalone Analytical Software, $500 and less’. Your support has never been so important!

Please note: Only the subscribers to the Technical Analysis of STOCKS & COMMODITIES can participate in voting.

Thank you.

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 08 Dec 2007

Don't take me wrong, I love you guys to death, but...
(Rhetorically speaking) What is your advertising budget with TASC?

On the Omega List, years ago, before TS went from a 2nd rate software company to a 2nd rate brokerage, we had many discussions about the very subject of how companies "won" those contests. I believe the O-list even had the editor of TASC write in several times to defend it. But the bottom line, corroborated to me privately by two different staff writers who I had helped with their articles, the more you advertise the better you do in the "contests" - AND - the magazine never bites the hand that feeds it.

I actually think it's better to write puff-pieces and have them published. Then you get to illustrate your points with screenshots of your software in action and get your name and contact info at the end of the article. You can write about anything. Just pick up a copy of SFO magazine or Futures Magazine. Plenty of good examples of guys just tryin to get their names and addresses published by using their product or indicator for the documented "research" in the article. Hell, I just saw an article in the most recent issue of Futures talking about using the "Floor Traders" support and resistance levels urging me to "sell at resistance" and "buy at support". Wow. But the main thing is, these magazines are hurting to fill space between the advertising and anyone can get into the fray. That article I just mentioned had a screen shot from eSignal as big and bold as day. And if it's a "puff-piece for newbies" then no one is going to beat you up in letters to the editor the following month.
Ideas abound in Traders' Forums like EliteTrader and TradersLaboratory and probably dozens of others. You don't even have to have a profitable outcome to the theory of the article (I haven't seen any yet anyway.) Just get the screenshot and credit for the article and then your name and contact info at the end.

Just sayin',
Bob Perry
Los Altos, CA

PS - I just showed a TS 8 user a Multicharts chart window with a "tick" chart in data 1, a minute chart in data 2, a volume chart in data 3, and I think his head was about to explode by the look on his face. All he could say was "How did you do that??!!"
Try working *that* into an article about "buying dips on an uptrend".

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 11 Dec 2007

Don't take me wrong, I love you guys to death, but...
(Rhetorically speaking) What is your advertising budget with TASC?
Dear Bob,

We don't have an advertising budget because we do not place ads with TASC. They don't charge for reviews. Voting is also free, otherwise it would be quite interesting.
On the Omega List, years ago, before TS went from a 2nd rate software company to a 2nd rate brokerage, we had many discussions about the very subject of how companies "won" those contests. I believe the O-list even had the editor of TASC write in several times to defend it. But the bottom line, corroborated to me privately by two different staff writers who I had helped with their articles, the more you advertise the better you do in the "contests" - AND - the magazine never bites the hand that feeds it.
We believe that the statement above is at least not always accurate, because we haven't paid TASC for the reviews.
PS - I just showed a TS 8 user a Multicharts chart window with a "tick" chart in data 1, a minute chart in data 2, a volume chart in data 3, and I think his head was about to explode by the look on his face. All he could say was "How did you do that??!!"

Try working *that* into an article about "buying dips on an uptrend".

This is a good idea. Thank you. However, we are going to write about the methods that really work and help to develop successful strategies or at least filter out the ones that won't work.

Thank you very much for your comments.

Best regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”