Strange database problem?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
johnson scott

Strange database problem?

Postby johnson scott » 07 Dec 2007

I have a strange problem with one specific bar setting on volume charts. I only ever open the Dow e-mini charts (YM) and usually work with volume based charts. For the past two days, whenever I open a 500 contract volume chart, I am missing the second half of the day for 12/5/2007. The data ends at 11:41 am and the next day starts there. However, if I change the same chart to any other bar setting (400 volume, 600 volume, 1000 volume, 1 minute) the data is there. This is without changing any other settings other than the Compression on the Format Symbols box from right clicking on the chart.

This occurs whether I am working online or offline. It seems as if the database or quote manager or something has saved the 500 volume data into a cache and won't refresh it. I know the data is in my database since I can change the compression to some other volume setting, or a time based setting and have the data appear. I also use NT, as a front end, and the data appears there from my provider (IQFeed) with no problem. I need some help if anyone knows what is going on here.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 11 Dec 2007

Dear Scott,

Have you tried clearing cache and then plotting 500 volume bars again?

If clearing cache does not solve the problem, please contact us through LiveChat 6:30 am - 4:00 pm EST and we will try to solve the problem online. We will need to use HelpDesk, our remote desktop control utility, to get connected to your computer and see what has been going on.

Best regards.

johnson scott

Postby johnson scott » 13 Dec 2007

Thanks Marina. Before I try clearing the cache, what will it do to the tick data I have for this symbol? I don't want to clear the cache and have all my tick data disappear. I have about 2 months worth of tick data under that symbol, which is way more than I can replace from my data service (IQFeed).

Thanks, Scott

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 13 Dec 2007

Hi Scott,

Clearing cache will not make the data disappear. All the data received from datafeeds is saved in the database. Cache is different from the database. It only stores certain resolutions (smaller than 1 min, but not equal to 1 sec) to speed up plotting charts for the resolutions you have already used.

Best regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”