Statusline reacts differently when...

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
2haerim

Statusline reacts differently when...

Postby 2haerim » 25 Dec 2007

When a chart for Regular Sessions is plotted within the session hours, the Statusline displays "Establishing connection..." and then starts dispalying the number of quotes being read from the local storage. So we can know that data is being loaded gradually even though it is quite slow.

However, when a chart for Regular Sessions is plotted after the session hours, the Statusline displays "Establishing connection...", but then it does not display the number of quotes being read from the local storage. When the date range is quite long enough, it's hard to know whether MC is normal or not. After several minutes(this is really LONG!), all the chart is drawn but some impatient users tend to kill MC because MC is thought to be dead stuck. Even worse, on some PCs, the "System" process uses CPU over 50% and therefore the whole system gets slow down.

One way to display the number of quotes in the latter case is to plot the chart in 24 Hours Sessions, but I don't like this idea because I wanted to plot for Regular Sessions anyway.

I technically investigated the reason and realized that MC's (actually tsServer's) data request sequences are different in both cases.

Please comment on these issues.

Return to “MultiCharts”