signal marks does not move with chart

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
2haerim

signal marks does not move with chart

Postby 2haerim » 11 Jan 2008

See attached two screen shots.

Red signal marks show on different place.
Attachments
picture1.png
(81.4 KiB) Downloaded 428 times
picture2.png
(81.65 KiB) Downloaded 435 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 14 Jan 2008

Hi HaeRim,

How did you place the arrow on the chart? Was it through an indicator? If so, could you please send us the indicator? Also, when did the arrow change its position?

Thank you.

Regards.

chi jeongki

Postby chi jeongki » 16 Jan 2008

I made two charts (20 ticks and 120 ticks) on one symbol and created two MA indicators for each.
I draged each indicator to the other charts, 20 tick MA line to 120tick chart and 120 tick MA line to 20 tick chart

I noticed that the MA line does not match to the correct position after it is draged to other chart, even if I set the scaling of the MA line to same as the symbol.

I think the MA line does not consider that is has moved to another chart of different time frame.

If it is true, then I think the MA line (all indicators) should consider where it is draged to, and match to the correct position on the draged window.

The value of charting different time frame in a synchronized fashion, greatly depends on the correct drawing of indicators after they are draged to different time frame chart.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 16 Jan 2008

Dear Chi,

If an indicator is mechanically dragged onto a subchart of the dataseries differnt from the dataseries it's based on, it is not going to change it's values to match the new dataseries. It will still be based on the original data. This is the way this feature has been developed to work.

Best regards.

chi jeongki

Postby chi jeongki » 17 Jan 2008

Thanks, Marina.
I guessed as you said.

But better design would be to adjust itself to the environment where it is now presenting.

I think design change is necessary to follow common sense interpretation of the feature to move indicators around different time frame charts when the indicator value is price data and the destination window is drawing chart of price data for the same symbol.

It looks complicated to program finding the condition when to adust or when not to adjust.
It should need another feature for users programming indicators to designate it should match with price data scale, if the destination window has at least one known price data charting.

But I hope tssupport would implement it someday.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 17 Jan 2008

Dear Chi,

What you are saying makes a lot of sense. However, on the other hand, many traders in their analysis want to physically drag an indicator based on one dataseries onto another dataseries. In this case, automatical adjustment would interfere with their analysis. That's why at least for now, this feature will remain unchanged.

Regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”