Autotrading Execution Limit Orders

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
momentum

Autotrading Execution Limit Orders

Postby momentum » 18 Jan 2008

In the new beta, will MC be aware of the price at which an order is filled?

I am seeking to enter and have a true profit target of entry price plus profit amount in order to avoid profit slippage. Will this be possible?

drwar

Re: Autotrading Execution Limit Orders

Postby drwar » 18 Jan 2008

[quote]In the new beta, will MC be aware of the price at which an order is filled?

I am seeking to enter and have a true profit target of entry price plus profit amount in order to avoid profit slippage. Will this be possible?[/quote]

If your having slippage issues and trying to figure out where its coming from make sure you have examined lastbaronchart and understand how it works and doesn't work. Depending on your time frame or frames it can cause big problems.

J~

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 18 Jan 2008

In the new beta, will MC be aware of the price at which an order is filled?

I am seeking to enter and have a true profit target of entry price plus profit amount in order to avoid profit slippage. Will this be possible?
In 3.0 MC release you will be able to place orders with true profit target. However, in the upcoming beta due by the end of this month, some of the autotrading functionalities still won't be implemented.

Regards.

drwar

[quote][quote]In the new beta, will MC be aware of the price at which an order is filled?

I am seeking to enter and have a true profit target of entry price plus profit amount in order to avoid profit slippage. Will this be possible?[/quote]

In 3.0 MC release you will be able to place orders with true profit target. However, in the upcoming beta due by the end of this month, some of the autotrading functionalities still won't be implemented.

Regards.[/quote]

Will Lastbaronchart be fixed in the upcoming Beta ?

J~

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 18 Jan 2008

Hi drwar,

No, in the upcoming beta this bug won't be fixed yet.

Regards.

2haerim

Does MC have a bug for LastBarOnChart?

Postby 2haerim » 18 Jan 2008

Please specify this bug/problem because I haven't heard of it yet.

drwar

2haerim

LastbaronChart absolutely has a bug. I will post the proof if it doesn't get deleted or I don't get banned. In TS when you have a partial incomplete bar whether it be tick bar, volume bar, minute bar the lastbaronchart is the last complete bar. Which is logical and then you can make trade decisions from there. In MC, if you have when you have a partial incomplete bar whether it be tick bar, volume bar, minute bar, It will not indicate to you that you have a lastbaronchart. It will force you to wait until the incomplete bar finishs. So all your trade conditions may be met but because there is an incomplete bar you will be filtered out of the trade until that bar completes delaying your trade and looking like slippage. There are simple test you can do to prove this. I will dig them out and post them later tonite.

J~

momentum

Postby momentum » 21 Jan 2008

Then is the answer to my question is that MC is NOT aware?

Return to “MultiCharts”