Multicharts 3.0 Beta 1 now available

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Marina Pashkova

Multicharts 3.0 Beta 1 now available

Postby Marina Pashkova » 25 Jan 2008

The new beta version of MultiCharts is now available and can be downloaded from the link below.

ftp://64.38.8.218:1021/MultiCharts.1120.3117.exe

NB: Next week you will also be able to download it from the downloads section on our website.

Edited:
Please use the link below to download MultiCharts beta - we have fixed some of the minor bugs present in the version above.

ftp://64.38.8.218:1021/MultiCharts.1123.3152_Beta1.exe

New beta build available. Most of the bugs from the previous two builds reported on the forum fixed. Please use the link below to download.

ftp://64.38.8.218:1021/MultiCharts.1130.3300_Beta1.exe
Last edited by Marina Pashkova on 08 Feb 2008, edited 7 times in total.

jmi88

Postby jmi88 » 25 Jan 2008

All my custom signals that compiled fine in the previous version do not compile now...When I have the statement "buy next bar at market" I get the error "order name allready in use" which never appeared before.

jmi88

Postby jmi88 » 25 Jan 2008

Well I figured out that like in this sample code below I cannot repeat the label of a signal more than once, Or I get that error...In this example the word "cover". But in the last version it was never an issue, so now I have to go back through all my signals that have some same labels and edit them...Is there anyway to fix this issue or have it compile the way it used to?

Code: Select all

if time > (1300) then begin
if MarketPosition = 1 then begin
sell ("cover") this bar at close;
end
else if MarketPosition = -1 then begin
BuyToCover ("cover") this bar at close;
end;
end;

momentum

Postby momentum » 26 Jan 2008

Is there a list of what changes have been implemented in this beta?

jmi88

Postby jmi88 » 26 Jan 2008

Another bug I found was when viewing the Strategy Performance Report, When viewing a 12 month summary in the Monthly Period Analysis window, it only shows the last months performance, all the other months are shown as N/A...But it does show a whole years worth of trades in the Dialy Period Analysis and everywhere else...I tested it on many different signals and reports the same way.

TJ

Postby TJ » 26 Jan 2008

The detachable windows are great... (wild is more the word). I need to rearrange my wsp and working habit.

Thanks for implementing it. It has been a long time coming.

danilo

Postby danilo » 27 Jan 2008

During the optimization process the commission and slippage are not more taken into account differently from the previous version.

SP

Postby SP » 27 Jan 2008

I get these error codes during the installation.
Attachments
MC.gif
Error Code
(10.22 KiB) Downloaded 1783 times
MC2.gif
(43.66 KiB) Downloaded 1787 times

GD

Postby GD » 27 Jan 2008

Thank-you!!! We've been waiting a long time for this.

What is the best way to learn the new features related to auto-trading and executions within the bar?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 29 Jan 2008

Well I figured out that like in this sample code below I cannot repeat the label of a signal more than once, Or I get that error...In this example the word "cover". But in the last version it was never an issue, so now I have to go back through all my signals that have some same labels and edit them...Is there anyway to fix this issue or have it compile the way it used to?

Code: Select all

if time > (1300) then begin
if MarketPosition = 1 then begin
sell ("cover") this bar at close;
end
else if MarketPosition = -1 then begin
BuyToCover ("cover") this bar at close;
end;

end;
Hi jmi88,

There is no way to compile those codes the way it was done in the previous version. The new implementation is more correct and accurate. We have introduced stricter compilation rules in the beta version. Codes containing the orders with the same name can't be compiled any longer.

Best regards.

Marina Pashkova

I get these error codes during the installation.
Could you please archive and send the logs (from Start -> Programs -> MultiCharts -> Logs) to mpashkova@tssupport.com?

Thank you.

gautama2

Postby gautama2 » 29 Jan 2008

I get error message that MultiCharts.1123.3152_Beta1.exe is not valid win32 application

Marina Pashkova

Hi,

The message that MultiCharts.1123.3152_Beta1.exe is not valid win32 application means that the file got corrupted during downloading. It has probably been caches in your browser as well, so downloading it on the same computer would result in the same error.

What you could do is either downlad MultiCharts onto a different computer or contact us through LiveChat and ask our customer support representatives to upload the program onto your machine directly - via HelpDesk.

TJ

Postby TJ » 29 Jan 2008

I love the new parallel line drawing method.

danilo

historical data download

Postby danilo » 31 Jan 2008

For some symbols on IB I have problem to download historical data when the description is changed. For example if I add the symbol 6BH8 the description that is automatically built is "USD MAR08 Futures 6BH8", now if I change the description in "GBP/USD MAR08 Futures", when I add the symbol in MC is not more able to download or backfill historical data.

gautama2

Re: historical data download

Postby gautama2 » 31 Jan 2008

For some symbols on IB I have problem to download historical data when the description is changed. For example if I add the symbol 6BH8 the description that is automatically built is "USD MAR08 Futures 6BH8", now if I change the description in "GBP/USD MAR08 Futures", when I add the symbol in MC is not more able to download or backfill historical data.
Wow, this solves at least the riddle why i couldn't get the history of some symbols. I changed the description
Would be great if the description doesn't make problems with the backfill or it shouldn't be changeable.

maxpi

limit orders?

Postby maxpi » 04 Feb 2008

Do we have limit orders in this new version?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 05 Feb 2008

Hi maxpi,

Limit and stop orders are supported in backtesting, but they haven't been implemented in autotrading yet.

Regards.

momentum

Re: MULTICHARTS 3.0 BETA 1 NOW AVAILABLE

Postby momentum » 06 Feb 2008

Edited:
Please use the link below to download MultiCharts beta - we have fixed some of the minor bugs present in the version above.

ftp://64.38.8.218:1021/MultiCharts.1123.3152_Beta1.exe

New beta build available. Most of the bugs from the previous two builds reported on the forum fixed. Please use the link below to download.

ftp://64.38.8.218:1021/MultiCharts.1130.3300_Beta1.exe [/quote]

Indicators are still crashing. The program is useless until you fix this.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 06 Feb 2008

Hi momentum,

Our engineers are working to fix the bug.

momentum

Postby momentum » 06 Feb 2008

Thanks. Pls post something when the fix is available as I can't use the beta until then.

getting

Crash

Postby getting » 07 Feb 2008

using ESH8
Range Bar = 50
price scale 1/100
big point value=50
Trade Time:8:30-9:30CT
crash right about 9CT

It's a beautiful piece of software...other than that
Attachments
555.JPG
(142.32 KiB) Downloaded 1769 times

dupl

Postby dupl » 08 Feb 2008

Hello MC,

can we use the BETA coevally of our licensed MC version, e.g. on a second computer?
Because you wrote, that you monitor if someone uses two instances of MC...

Thanks

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 08 Feb 2008

Hello dupl,

According to MultiCharts license policy, if you have one license of the software, it can only be run on one single computer at a time. Under one license you can repeatedly download any of the available versions - but it can only be run on one computer - irrespective of the version.

Best regards.

Marina Pashkova

Re: Strategy Performance Report

Postby Marina Pashkova » 12 Feb 2008

New bugs has been introduced with the new release :
1) The monthy returns are wrong.
2) The strategy performance report doesn't refresh is the strategy's
settings are changed while the report window is open.
3) During optimization the transaction cost and slippage are not more
taken into account that's mean the the genetic optimizer will try to
find silly solution that permit to earn 100.000$ with an average of
5$ for trade, that including the trasaction cost and slippage would
be discarded by the optimizer.
4) The workspace format with the new version are not compatible so
is not more possible downgrade to the previous release, please
if you think to change the workspace file format, post an utility
that allow to downgrade to the previous version.

Regards.

P.S. I think that in the new version has been introduced very important features but is also important don't introduce new bugs, please fix them asap.

1) The monthy returns are wrong.

This bug has been fixed.

2) The strategy performance report doesn't refresh is the strategy's
settings are changed while the report window is open.

Make sure that the option "Recalculate the Report on eaah new order" is checked.

3) During optimization the transaction cost and slippage are not more
taken into account that's mean the the genetic optimizer will try to find silly solution that permit to earn 100.000$ with an average of 5$ for trade, that including the trasaction cost and slippage would be discarded by the optimizer.

We haven't been able to reproduce the problem. Could you please send the workspace/s and an archive with the strategy to mpashkova@tssupport.com?

4) The workspace format with the new version are not compatible so is not more possible downgrade to the previous release, please if you think to change the workspace file format, post an utility that allow to downgrade to the previous version.

There is no reverse compatibility for the new workspaces to be used on older versions. However, all your old workspaces from the previous versions can still be found in the same directory. They will have extension .old.

Return to “MultiCharts”