Issues with Quote Manager

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Thomas Mann

Issues with Quote Manager

Postby Thomas Mann » 14 Feb 2008

Hi MC,
I have had this issue with MC for a long time and I keep hoping it will get fixed some day. If for some reason MC crashes or locks up as it did just a few mins ago on me. I have to shut down all the task running in the task manager. When I open back up MC and load my charts I get a huge bar in the chart which varies in time and length. This particular went from 10:01AM to 12:55pm on the next bar and showed it as 1 bar. Does the quote manager not store data as it goes ?
This is very frustrating since I usually have to wipe all symbold out from opentick, then reload them and re-load the history data. This takes a bit of time and ultimately cost a trader a lot of time he could spend trading the markets. Any thoughts or help on how to isolate this issue and resolve it would be greatly appreciated. I was using the latest beta 1137.3363
Thanks
Attachments
Capture.jpg
(16.45 KiB) Downloaded 684 times

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 15 Feb 2008

Thomas,
We do understand importance of this issue.
To isolate the bug you either need to visit live support or send us log files that should help to address the issue.

Thomas Mann

Postby Thomas Mann » 15 Feb 2008

Hi Andrew,
Thanks for the reply. You can possibly reproduce this long bar issue if you load 3-4 charts from opentick then do a task manager shutdown on MC. This will force a unexpected crash on MC. You will have to stop all other task loaded as well. When you load MC again and request history data it compresses that long bar a lot of times. If you can not reproduce it let me know where the log files are and the next time I see it I will email them.
Thanks

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 20 Feb 2008

Thomas,
Our QA has tried to reproduce the problem without luck. If you know exact scenario and can call the problem anytime let me know. Otherwise send us logs from Start-> Program->MultiCharts->Logs

Thomas Mann

Postby Thomas Mann » 20 Feb 2008

Hi ANdrew,
The next time I catch it I will email you the logs
Thanks

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 20 Feb 2008

Thank you!

Thomas Mann

Postby Thomas Mann » 04 Mar 2008

Hi Andrew,
I caught the condition yesterday where Opentick stuffs several hours worth of tick data into 1 Bar. I emailed the picture of the chart and logs to your support center and told them to send it to you. Please let me know if this can be fixed since it is annoying and also messes up indicators computations badly.
Thanks

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 04 Mar 2008

Thomas,
Thank you. We’ve analyzed it and I talked to our QA.
Actually this problem is something that we can't overcome, because it is OpenTick issue. The data feed simply don't return data for some periods and this why you see a price jump. If you reload data the price jump may be eliminated, but another one will appear in the place where it wasn't before.
It happens because OT simply doesn’t return data sometimes, but we can't distinguish natural empty periods (holiday or inactivity time) from data hole.
The same problem is reported on NT forum and OT developers should be aware of it.
I hope they will resolve it someday. It is a hard task to run data farm so I don't think the problem will re resolved within one day...

Thomas Mann

Postby Thomas Mann » 04 Mar 2008

Thanks Andrew,
I will contact them and inquire as to why History is not available.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 05 Mar 2008

You are welcome.

Return to “MultiCharts”