Please add datafeed for GAIN capital.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
MechTrader

Please add datafeed for GAIN capital.

Postby MechTrader » 29 Feb 2008

It would be very useful for me, and no doubt others, if you could add GAIN capital as a datafeed. I beleive it would be quite easy for you to do, since you already have one for OwnData and MCFX from them. Also, they have an API that allows 7 days of data to be retrieved, and all the rest of the data back to the year 2000 is available at ratedata.gaincapital.com.

I need the data, so I am going to go ahead and code an ASCII download program and GAIN API interface to put the data in ASCII format into a certain file, and then map it using ascii mapping and use GAIN's DDE for real-time. Hopefully this will work for me, but it would be far easier for me, and probably more reliable, if tssupport would go ahead and make a proper datafeed.

Andrew Kirillov

Re: Please add datafeed for GAIN capital.

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 03 Mar 2008

It would be very useful for me, and no doubt others, if you could add GAIN capital as a datafeed. I beleive it would be quite easy for you to do, since you already have one for OwnData and MCFX from them.
Actually it is not as easy as you think, because MCFX server is completely different program. Owndata doesn't have API connection as well.
I'm not even sure that it works via DDE properly.

We will keep your request in mind, but our hands are full now.

Return to “MultiCharts”