Add-On Indicators to Strategy

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
holbrooke

Add-On Indicators to Strategy

Postby holbrooke » 04 Mar 2008

Is there any way i can incorporate ad-on indicator into my strategy? I can't use them in my signal list.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 04 Mar 2008

What add-on do you want to incorporate?

holbrooke

Postby holbrooke » 04 Mar 2008

what i meant was if i can use ad-on indicators which i purchase such as roy kelly's and use it as part of my signal list in strategy. i can't seem to be able to add them in the signal tab.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 05 Mar 2008

If you know logics of the indicators you can use the protected functions. However it is not achievable in 100% of cases.

holbrooke

Postby holbrooke » 06 Mar 2008

I'm sorry, i don't quite understand. You mean i can't use third party add-ons to generate automated buy and sell signals? I tried it on Roy Kelly's but i can't get it in the signal tab. Granted that i will not have access to the third-party codes but at least i could use the indicators for buy and sell signals.

ABC

Postby ABC » 06 Mar 2008

holbrooke,

I guess the problem is that most of the add-on are Indicators, that's why you don't see them in the strategy tab.
So you'd have to create a strategy on your own, which calls the protected functions (i.e. the same functions the indicator is calling). But to do this, you would need the logic of the indicator, which function is called for achieving what etc.. Without knowing that, you are lost.

Best regards,

ABC

Return to “MultiCharts”