Point Charts from Template

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
miltonc4

Point Charts from Template

Postby miltonc4 » 23 Feb 2008

Hi Support
Sorry,but there is a problem with Point charts loaded from a template,
Those template charts that have a signal(In this case a garden variety Keltner) don’t load,and ultimately causes MC 3.0.1137.3363 to go non responsive
After next re loading MC,and opening a different compression chart not in the template,then this new compression chart loads with the settings from template even though its not in the template
I am referring to Point charts and eSignal as I don’t use other types

Earlier today(about 7 hours ago now), after saving all the charts from a workspace to the template,tried to load them in new workspace, but MC became non responsive as discussed above
After a reboot and reload got the message:
………….“Incompatible version of study runner in module MC data storage”
Couldn’t get MC to open,so I did a repair from original file ,only to find the install would not complete,stopping towards the end at the time it “recovers previous user studies from backup” when it gave message:
…….Repair fatal error
No matter how many time I tried,after reboot etc, the install would not complete
Uninstall and reinstall made no difference

Decided to back grade to ver 2.1.999.999,and this installed perfectly
Tried to duplicate the same problems in this version from the same template,and all worked fine.There were three different 200 Point charts( saved as 200Point1,200Point2,200Point3,)
When all were checked,only one would open.All opened if individually checked on/off before loading
I could not make it go non responsive like ver 3.0.1137.3363 no matter what I tried and they had the same Keltner signal appear OK
Conclusion was that the template charts created in Ver3 earlier today,worked well under Ver2.1 and nothing could make it go non responsive

Then installed Ver 3.0.1137.3363 again
After compiling indicators,got the message on loading MC……..Incompatible version of:Study runner in module:MCDataStorage. Probably caused by eSignal not being connected ??? ReBoot fixed this problem

But whenever a chart from the same template was used , MC again went non responsive as it did earlier today
On further investigation it appeared to be only those with a signal that froze MC.in this case a standard keltner signal

Everything now seems OK,""""provided """"one doesn’t load a chart with template box ticked,otherwisw MC goes non responsive,needing another reboot
Cant spend much more time on this
Could support look at it please
Regards
Milton

cael

Postby cael » 28 Feb 2008

You know I have seen this problem. :!:

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 29 Feb 2008

Milton,
Could you send me your workspace and study template?
It will be great if you demonstrate the problem on helpdesk. In this case we will be able to fix the bug in the upcoming beta 2 release. Otherwise we can lose time in e-mail correspondence…

miltonc4

Postby miltonc4 » 03 Mar 2008

Hi Andrew
Upon further study,found one chart from twelve in the workspace consistently created this problem.
With it removed,all other charts from Template loaded correctly
Seems that a corrupt chart,caused these problems
Thanks...all appears OK now
Milton

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 04 Mar 2008

OK. We are closing this issue thus.

Return to “MultiCharts”