Request for Information about Beta versions

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
jimdunn

Request for Information about Beta versions

Postby jimdunn » 04 Mar 2008

Perhaps there is more explanation elsewhere that I have not found, but I need a little information about the new Betas.

When I try to execute what I have downloaded, (tssupport.com/support/downloads/multicharts.1137.3363_beta1.exe), I am asked whether I wish to "remove or repair". It occurs to me that I must remove the old version, but do not wish to lose my created signals. Do I need to export these, remove the program, install the new program and import the signals? Sure don't want to lose my signals.

Also, I am wondering how safe the Beta version is compared to the release version? I am using the automation system to trade real stock, so...

TJ

Postby TJ » 04 Mar 2008

Uninstalling the program DOES NOT delete the database, nor delete the indicators/strategies you have written.

I have always used the latest beta for live trading. I have faith in MC, if they can release it, it should be pretty solid.

I can't say the same thing for auto-trading because I have no experience in it.

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 04 Mar 2008

Uninstalling the program DOES NOT delete the database, nor delete the indicators/strategies you have written.

I have always used the latest beta for live trading. I have faith in MC, if they can release it, it should be pretty solid.

I can't say the same thing for auto-trading because I have no experience in it.
TJ is right , you need to remove the old version, then run the install again to install the new version. You'll have the option of keeping or removing your old studies.

Andrew Kirillov

Re: Request for Information about Beta versions

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 05 Mar 2008

I am asked whether I wish to "remove or repair". It occurs to me that I must remove the old version, but do not wish to lose my created signals.

The installer will not remove it if you don't tick the check box.

Do I need to export these, remove the program, install the new program and import the signals? Sure don't want to lose my signals.

It is simple to do it. So my suggestion is to make backup. You will spend 1 minut, but have a gurantee.

Also, I am wondering how safe the Beta version is compared to the release version? I am using the automation system to trade real stock, so...
The auto-trading is the same. I suggest you to wait for Beta 2 that we are planning to release the next week. It will have brand-new auto-trading.

Return to “MultiCharts”