Studies

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
york timothy

Studies

Postby york timothy » 13 Mar 2008

Hello,
I have a specific style of chart I want for all my charts including labels. I have selected the box at the bottom of the study to use it as the default for future charts. However, I still have to go in and adjust many of the components manually. Is there a way to overcome this problem, as it is a pain when dealing with many stock charts.
It seems like most charting packages are geared towards the futures markets and not equities. I found Ensign cumbersome as well with regard to equities. It would be nice to have a template for a particular chart setup that would produce a similar chart without needing manual adjustments. Perhaps the development team could look at producing such a feature for those of us who trade equities. Thank you.

Kindest regards,

Tim

TJ

Postby TJ » 13 Mar 2008

the feature is called Study Template.

right click on the chart... it is half way down the pop up box.

york timothy

Postby york timothy » 13 Mar 2008

Hi TJ,
Yes that is what I use but it still requires that I set up many of the chart features by hand. I thought it would duplicate the chart features exactly including the labeling program but it doesn't.

Tim

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 17 Mar 2008

Tim,
Did you try to use File->Copy Window and File->Paste Window?
It will create the same chart with all settings and indicators. All you need to do is to type new symbol name in the command line!

york timothy

Postby york timothy » 17 Mar 2008

Hi Andrew,
How do I put the new symbol in the command line? I tried the copy and paste which seemed to work fine. This is still a cumbersome way to deal with this issue simply because of the numbers of stocks involved.
For some reason it seems that most charting packages are geared towards futures trading where the numbers of charts are fairly limited, however, with equities you have a whole other ballgame. AB seems to have the best set-up for stocks of all the software packages I have seen so far. This is why I have suggested that you take the strengths of a few such programs and incorporate them into MC. I honestly believe it would make MC head and shoulders above any software currently available. Thank you.

Tim

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 19 Mar 2008

Tim,
Actually you don't need to paste the symbol name in the command line. You can simply activate a chart window that you want to change and type symbol you need, press enter.
We are going to add symbol navigator soon. It will allow you to see the complete list of stocks, make favorite lists and switch between symbols with a single mouse click.

york timothy

Postby york timothy » 19 Mar 2008

Hi Andrew,
Thank you for your response, I can wait then for those improvements. The improvements that you have stated will be a welcome addition for equity traders because of the number of stocks involved. Thank you for listening.

Tim

Return to “MultiCharts”