Multicharts 3.0 Beta 2 is now available (Now with Hot Fix!)

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

glam_100

Postby glam_100 » 22 Mar 2008

Any major change from Beta 1?

miltonc4

Postby miltonc4 » 22 Mar 2008

Latest Beta2 upgrade opens and stays minimised alond bottom bar
It wont open from the minimised position
Right click wont show any options
The processes below don’t close when MC is turned off
StudyServer.exe
tsServer.exe

Milton

danilo

Postby danilo » 23 Mar 2008

In the last beta is specified:

"All-new auto-trading engine. You can now be sure that your trade will be executed at a specified price because the limit order command can be written in a script. The program will automatically use OCA orders when it is important to avoid triggering the remaining orders when one of those is executed"

That’s mean that the limit order are not more emulate ? Was added new keywords ? what do you mean for "script", is the standard PowerLanguage ? could you explain better ?

TJ

Postby TJ » 23 Mar 2008

I started this new version MC.

Somehow the first dialog box lost focus and got behind the MC window.
The MC window is maximized, and I could not get the dialog box back to the front, so I had to use Task Manager shut down MC and start over again.

note: I rebooted the computer to make sure I start with clean memory. On my second start, I still could not get to the dialog box, so I am going to un-install this beta. Sigh...

2haerim

tsServer.exe terminates 10 minutes after all MC/QM closed

Postby 2haerim » 24 Mar 2008

This had happened from time to time in some of the previous versions, but the new beta2 1177.4100 gets worse on this respect.

For the attached wsp, tsServer always stays alive about 10 minutes at most even after all MC/QM instances completely terminated from the Process list.

Simply, all the previous versions up to 1133.3367 worked fine but 1177.4110 works wrong for the attached wsp.
Attachments
Futures_Demo.wsp
(67.21 KiB) Downloaded 368 times

MC_Prog

Postby MC_Prog » 24 Mar 2008

Where can the release notes be found?

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 24 Mar 2008

We confirm the reported problems. We are preparing a quick fix.
The release notes could be found in the installer what's new page.

iso

Postby iso » 24 Mar 2008

Where is the installers "what's new page" located?

Thanks...

danilo

Postby danilo » 24 Mar 2008

We confirm the reported problems. We are preparing a quick fix.
The release notes could be found in the installer what's new page.
Andrew, in the release notes is written that there is a new trading engine: That’s mean that the limit order are not more emulate ? Was added new keywords ? what do you mean for "script", is the standard PowerLanguage ? could you explain better the new trading features ?

P.S: for people having trobule to find the release notes, I have attached them
in word format.
Attachments
Multicharts 3 beta2 readme.doc
(29.5 KiB) Downloaded 173 times

danilo

Postby danilo » 24 Mar 2008

Intra-Bar Order Generation settings are lost every time the workspace is closed and the reopened

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 25 Mar 2008

Intra-Bar Order Generation settings are lost every time the workspace is closed and the reopened
Have you added "[intrabarordergeneration=true]" in your strategy code ? if not try and see if it helps.

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 25 Mar 2008

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 25 Mar 2008

Thanks, Please advice if we need to have clean install (uninstall MC 3.0 beta 2 previous version) or can carry out repair option to have latest hot fix.

Please can you also advice on what bugs have been fixed in this new release.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 26 Mar 2008

Hi SUPER,

When installing a new version of MC, the version that is currently on your computer must be uninstalled first.

When you download the installer, run it and choose the Remove option.
After the current version has been removed, run the same installer again - and this time the latest beta will be installed.

We don't have a detailed list of the bugs fixed in this latest beta.

For new features implemented, please see the list below:

Multicharts 3.0 Beta 2

FEATURES

Strategy Back-Testing and Automation

• Intra-bar order generation
• Dynamic portfolio strategy back-testing and optimization
• All-new auto-trading engine. You can now be sure that your trade will be executed at a specified price because the limit order command can be written in a script. The program will automatically use OCA orders when it is important to avoid triggering the remaining orders when one of those is executed. Exits/entries can now be made through stop orders as well.

The auto-trading engine is seamlessly integrated with the familiar PowerLanguage key words which you use for back-testing. Therefore there will be no need to insert any additional commands to have auto-trading work.

The same symbol can now be traded from different charts/strategies. The program monitors market position for each chart separately which prevents conflicts between different strategies.

General Improvements

• Brand-new GUI
• Detachable windows for efficient multi-monitor support. No more need to drag charts onto different monitors at program start
• Ability to abort workspace loading

Charting

• Plotting a chart without adding the symbol in QuoteManager. Symbol names can be just typed into the command line. See Help for further details.
• Data is displayed as soon as it is loaded. The result is shorter expectation time for a chart to be plotted
• Increased charting speed and reliability
• Faster data loading in the offline mode
• Improved drawing tools behavior
• Data & Indicator values export from charting

Data Feeds and Data Management

• Multiple symbol editing in QuoteManager
• Updated Interactive Brokers data source. TWS881 supported. New features:
· Parallel data loading
· Faster loading of minute charts
· The option to use 1 or 15 second bars as ticks to speed up chart plotting
· The option to use 1 or 15 minute bars as minutes to speed up chart plotting
· Ticks are not requested for the periods with no minute data available
• Updated TranscAct data source. New features:
· New API supported
• Updated IQFeed data source. New features:
· IQFeed4.3 supported
· Checks for zero values on Low and High for the day’s real-time data
• Updated TS data source. New features:
· Working in the offline mode does not result in excessive reloads
• Updated OpenECry data source. New features:
· New API supported
· Parallel data loading
· Faster loading of minute charts

• Updated Metastock data source added. When adding symbols an exchange can be chosen. The symbol will be added into the database with this exchange

Programming Language/Script Editor

• Reserved words descriptions and examples can now be viewed directly in PowerLanguage Editor
• Fast code compiling or execution option
• Considerably improved identification of error type and location during the compiling process
• GetAppInfo functions added

BUG FIXES

A large number of major and minor bugs have been fixed

mojotrader

Postby mojotrader » 26 Mar 2008

When installing a new version of MC, the version that is currently on your computer must be uninstalled first......
Does this include data or just program?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 26 Mar 2008

Just the program.

See the instructions below:

Download the latest version, run the installer. When prompted, select the Remove option. It will automatically uninstall the previous version. After this run the installer file again, and install the latest one.

Please note: during the uninstallation process it's not advisable to check the option "Remove MultiCharts user data from computer" if you want to keep the quotes, studies and workspaces.

Januson

Postby Januson » 28 Mar 2008

If I've a charting window with ticks, it works fine in the beginning, but if I refresh CTRL-R, then suddenly 80% of all the tickinformation is gone. I need to change symbol, back and forth to get the correct ticks again.

This problem was so annoying that I had to uninstall the beta and install the release... Ohhh.. why haven't you told me that all my workspaces died along with the upgrade? - no turning back.. quite a mesh ;)

Also.. it looks like the problem happens when my PC has other programs running.. i.e. Word, Excel and so. I've plenty of RAM, discspace and CPU :roll:

What can I do?
Last edited by Januson on 28 Mar 2008, edited 1 time in total.

Januson

Postby Januson » 28 Mar 2008

Another problem, both in the beta and the latest release. If I've a tick chart, and I just let the ticks run in, everything seems fine, but if I refresh, MC changes the grouping. So what looked lie a good trade, suddenly changes to a bad one!

Anybody else with the same problem? It's hard to see, but try having 2 similar charting windows with the same compression, instrument etc. And then after 5-6 hours of trading, refresh one - and you should be able to spot the difference.

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 28 Mar 2008

Another problem, both in the beta and the latest release. If I've a tick chart, and I just let the ticks run in, everything seems fine, but if I refresh, MC changes the grouping. So what looked lie a good trade, suddenly changes to a bad one!

Anybody else with the same problem? It's hard to see, but try having 2 similar charting windows with the same compression, instrument etc. And then after 5-6 hours of trading, refresh one - and you should be able to spot the difference.
I have noticed it too, I wounder when the bars get refreshed it has OHLC values of bar available and that could cause this problem. Without intrabar resolution it would be difficult to back test strategies in current anvironment.

It would be nice to get clarification from TS Support Team

drwar

Postby drwar » 29 Mar 2008

THe data being different after a refresh does not have anything to do with MC. It is because the realtime data you receive from your Data provider is different than the historical data you receive when you refresh. I won't get into the details of why as this has been beaten to death elsewhere.

J~

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 01 Apr 2008

I am still baffeled by why real time signals look different after refresh of chart, the data feed is same...IB in this instance. To my surprise I had long trade and on refresh it shows it as Short now.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 01 Apr 2008

Andrew, in the release notes is written that there is a new trading engine: That’s
mean that the limit order are not more emulate ?
Yes. You are right.
Was added new keywords ?
No. The exisitng EL words are enough to indicate stop, limit or market order.
what do you mean for "script", is the standard PowerLanguage ? could you explain better the new trading features ?
Yes it is regular EL/PL statements.

Andrew Kirillov

It is a confirmed bug.

Andrew Kirillov

If I've a charting window with ticks, it works fine in the beginning, but if I refresh CTRL-R, then suddenly 80% of all the tickinformation is gone. I need to change symbol, back and forth to get the correct ticks again.

This problem was so annoying that I had to uninstall the beta and install the release... Ohhh.. why haven't you told me that all my workspaces died along with the upgrade? - no turning back.. quite a mesh ;)

Also.. it looks like the problem happens when my PC has other programs running.. i.e. Word, Excel and so. I've plenty of RAM, discspace and CPU :roll:

What can I do?
Could you reproduce the problem and send us logs or alternately contact our helpdesk and demonstrate it?

Andrew Kirillov

I have noticed it too, I wounder when the bars get refreshed it has OHLC values of bar available and that could cause this problem. Without intrabar resolution it would be difficult to back test strategies in current anvironment.

It would be nice to get clarification from TS Support Team
Could you make a screenshot Before and After?
We need to see the datafeed/symbol name and time scale.

Andrew Kirillov

THe data being different after a refresh does not have anything to do with MC. It is because the realtime data you receive from your Data provider is different than the historical data you receive when you refresh. I won't get into the details of why as this has been beaten to death elsewhere.

J~
It is necessary to see discrepancy. If it is small than it is possible data feed problem.
So it is hard to say something specific without screenshots.

Andrew Kirillov

I am still baffeled by why real time signals look different after refresh of chart, the data feed is same...IB in this instance. To my surprise I had long trade and on refresh it shows it as Short now.
Could you give your workspace and the strategy?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 02 Apr 2008

Old workspaces are not gone. They are still there with the extension .old When you moved to the new version the old workspaces were saved with the extension old, plus their new duplicates were created. Everything was placed into the same folder. They should all be there.

Regarding the problem you're describing: have you collected the info asked by Andrew?

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 02 Apr 2008

Could you give your workspace and the strategy?
Hi Andrew,

I have started a new thread to address this issue at:

http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=4990

Thanks & Regards
Super

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 02 Apr 2008

Hi SUPER,

I guess for now we can consider this issue closed: since the problem was caused by IB's data before and after reload and not by MC's behavior.

Regards.

Januson

Postby Januson » 05 Apr 2008

Hello Marina..
Sorry for the delay.. Yes I'll get back to you in the upcoming week!

My datafeed provider is ESignal, so I don't think my problem has something to do with IB.

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 10 Apr 2008

Return to “MultiCharts”