Bad ticks

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
iso

Bad ticks

Postby iso » 26 Mar 2008

When there are bad ticks it makes the charts completely useless because you can't see price anymore. After a bad tick today I went into quotemanager and deleted the bad ticks then went to the chart and reloaded the data and the bad ticks are still there?? How do I get rid of them?

Thanks

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 27 Mar 2008

Hi iso,

Who's your data provider?

Usually, bad ticks can be got rid of by reloading the charts (ctrl+R). If it doesn't help, you can edit data in QM - just the way you did.

We have added Tick Filter as one of the items in our feature request poll. The more votes this feature receives the more importance it will be given in our development plans.

iso

Postby iso » 27 Mar 2008

Using IQFeed and IB. Both have a bunch of bad ticks, I have been reloading the chart and editing the data but the bad ticks persist. Not sure what to do...

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 27 Mar 2008

I think you have to remove bad ticks under "ticks" AND "minute" formats. To get rid of the bad ticks.
I hope a great tick filter will appear soon, in a new release. It's desperately needed , especially for stocks.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 28 Mar 2008

Using IQFeed and IB. Both have a bunch of bad ticks, I have been reloading the chart and editing the data but the bad ticks persist. Not sure what to do...
Hi iso,

Could you please post a screenshot with bad ticks? The screenshot must show symbol name, time, and price.

Also, if you edit ticks please keep in mind that tick-based resolutions (other than 1-tick) are stored not only in the database but also in the cache to speed up plotting of the resolutions that have already been used. Thus, even if you edit bad ticks in the database, the chart will use cache with the unedited data to plot the bars. Clearing cache would help to deal with this issue.

iso

Postby iso » 28 Mar 2008

3/26/2008 @12:45 EST
Attachments
08-03-28_08;24;17001.png
(55.26 KiB) Downloaded 491 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 31 Mar 2008

Hi iso,

All data providers can send bad ticks. MultiCharts filters out 0-ticks. However, if a tick has abnormally high/low values other than zero, such a tick cannot be filtered out. Reload (and clearing cache for ticks) has to be used.

Return to “MultiCharts”