RE: Candle identification

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
york timothy

RE: Candle identification

Postby york timothy » 15 Mar 2008

Hello,
May I suggest that you add more options to the candle ident feature? You have as options a point, cross, bar high etc. Please consider adding the letters of the alphabet, as well as other symbols. You might want to look at Ensign software as they do a good job of such things.
I have a question for the developers if I may? You want to develop your own distinct software and I understand this. However, why not combine some of the strongest features of other software products instead of trying to re-invent the wheel. You are in the business of selling software not necessarily trying to develop a unique product. If you added the best features of other software packages I have to believe that it would appeal to an even larger audience, hence more sales. Now these features I speak of are not proprietary so they are open to be used by anyone.
As an example, Ensign has an excellent package of options for using with studies i.e. alphabet, other symbols etc. I'm sure you are likely aware of them anyway. AB is very speedy and is built with equity traders in mind as well as futures traders. Neoticker has many built in features that are excellent. Now all of these packages also have their drawbacks which make them cumbersome at times to use. If you took the best features of some of them, however, and added them to MC It would make your software stronger. These features are the same features that make these other software packages popular with many traders. If you offered them in one package like MC you would sell more MC software which is what you are in business to do, or am I mistaken?
I offer these ideas to help make MC an even stronger presence in the software field you have chosen. It would make it more appealing to more potential customers and hopefully allow us to be even more effective in trading our respective markets. Thank you for any consideration to these ideas.

Kindest regards,

Tim

york timothy

Postby york timothy » 17 Mar 2008

bump

Nick

Postby Nick » 17 Mar 2008

I have put this forward numerous times Timothy. Its great that TSSuport are looking to provide a credible alternative to TS particularly in there support of easy language. Having said that some TS features are pretty outdated actually not really changing since supercharts. Ensign (which I have not used in some years) clearly raised the bar in some areas. Always better to emulate the best of breed rather than the laggard.

Cheers.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 19 Mar 2008

Hi Timothy,

What you are saying is true and perfectly logical. We do look at other products for useful functions and for the things that those platforms can do well.

However, when it comes to practice it's simply impossible to implement all the features at the same time and to do it well. This is exactly why there is still no software that would combine all the advantages of various platforms. Moreover, universal products are cumbersome and too complex to use. This is why trading platforms are always tailored to the needs of a particular market.

Regarding the letters that you are referring to. Could you please tell us more about this feature?

Thank you.

york timothy

Postby york timothy » 19 Mar 2008

Hello Marina,
I understand your observations regarding different options from other software packages. The suggestion I made about using letters regarding candles was simply a method of identifying a type of candle. They could be used to identify whatever the trader desired. It was simply a suggestion on my part for you to include more options of identification then you currently have. If you happen to have access to Ensign, look at the options they have of identifying particular price bars, high RSI,low RSI etc.
I hope I am explaining myself clearly and if not then Please either ask me again or look at Ensign. Ensign is certainly not perfect but they do offer some very worthwhile options. Thank you.

Tim

TJ

Postby TJ » 19 Mar 2008

There is an EasyLanguage script that labels the name of the Candle stick right on the chart. If you Google it probably you can find it posted on one of those EL forums on the internet.

york timothy

Postby york timothy » 20 Mar 2008

Hi TJ,
Thank you for your suggestion and I will try to find one. However, I was also suggesting the increase of available options for other traders who might want to use them for other reasons. I can't imagine it would be difficult to provide as MC already has a few available. It is a modest way of making the software even more flexible and usable.

Tim

Januson

Postby Januson » 28 Mar 2008

It's very easy to write such things in EL, I can help you if you're interested ;)

york timothy

Postby york timothy » 28 Mar 2008

It's very easy to write such things in EL, I can help you if you're interested ;)
Thank you Januson for your kind offer. I have been hoping I could find a candle ident script already available, that way I wouldn't have to trouble anyone. Once again thank you for your kindness.

Regards,

Tim

momentum

Postby momentum » 28 Mar 2008

If you google "the rumpled one" you should find what you need, TRO has coded a truckload of elds for TS and shares them freely on kresnick.com

york timothy

Postby york timothy » 01 Apr 2008

Thank you Momentum for your suggestion

Tim

york timothy

Postby york timothy » 02 Apr 2008

I have obtained permission from the originator of the candle ident program for AB to have it converted into EasyLanguage. If there is anyone who would like to do the conversion please send me an e-mail.
I am not sure how complicated it would be to do but it is certainly beyond my capabilities. Thank you.

Kindest regards,

Tim

Return to “MultiCharts”