Scaling problem with 2 intervals

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Januson

Scaling problem with 2 intervals

Postby Januson » 12 Mar 2008

Hello

Can you TSSUPPORT please help me with this problem, when I'm combining 2 symbols on the same chart the scaling looks kind of messy.

Please take a look at the attached screenshot. The above charting window combines a 1 min and a 5min, but look at the spacing between each candle :roll:

The middle charting window has 5min above and 1min below, the scaling is a bit strange right? How come that when I try to zoom in the 5min interval has all that spacing between each candle? The 5 min is the main candles and shouldn't be disturbed be additional symbols, imho 8)

The last charting is just to show a normal 5min where things look as they should.
Attachments
scaling_issue.png
(152.58 KiB) Downloaded 403 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 02 Apr 2008

Hi Januson,

When different resolutions are used within the same chart, the spacing b/w the bars on the different data series is adjusted in such a way as to be synchronized with each other - no matter whether it's data#1, #2 ect.

Januson

Postby Januson » 05 Apr 2008

Okay, but that totally cluthers the main chart, even if I hide the subchart - that could be better imho.

Is there any way that I can reference a chartwindow from another chartwindow?. I need to plot the main trend inside a smaller timeframe chart.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 08 Apr 2008

Hi Januson,

Yes, you can help reference a chart window from another chart window - with the help of ADE, GlobalVarialbe, PushPop.

In future, we are going to introduce our own Global Variable into MC.

Return to “MultiCharts”