IB freezes when MC launched....

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
jmi88

IB freezes when MC launched....

Postby jmi88 » 14 Apr 2008

Just started after installed new beta...When I start MC everything in IB freezes and dosent respond, I have to 'end task' to close it. I havent been able to run both together since the new beta..

brodnicki steven

Re: IB freezes when MC launched....

Postby brodnicki steven » 15 Apr 2008

Just started after installed new beta...When I start MC everything in IB freezes and dosent respond, I have to 'end task' to close it. I havent been able to run both together since the new beta..
I think it might be a TWS problem, I have another computer running TS2ki (no MC) and TWS is frozen there too BUT quotes are still coming in !
It just started the past 2 days for me.

Marina Pashkova

Re: IB freezes when MC launched....

Postby Marina Pashkova » 15 Apr 2008

Hi jmi88,

Try running TWS alone - without launching MultiCharts. If the freeze occurs anyways, it would mean this is a TWS problem. If it only occurs when MultiCharts is also being run, please contact our customer support via LiveChat.

Regards.

nomad4x

Postby nomad4x » 15 Apr 2008

I had this problem last night and around 2AM EST it went away, IB does server reboots from 7PM EST to 1AM EST.

Usually you'll have data feed outages around those times.

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 15 Apr 2008

I was up past 1am est and it was ok, when I got up in the morning , I found it had frozen sometime overnight, I NEVER used to have this problem.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 18 Apr 2008

Hi guys,

I'm afraid I'm getting confused. Do you think that MC is related to those freezes or not? If you do think that it's MultiCharts fault, please provide more details describing what exactly happens.

Thank you.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 23 Apr 2008

Hi guys,

According to our information, the latest version of TWS freezes when a socket client tries to establish connection to TWS. This is the problem on TWS end. I would recommend contacting them.

In the meantime, the problem can be avoided if instead of the latest TWS release you switch back to their latest beta.

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 23 Apr 2008

Marina-great, thanks for finding the problem !

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 23 Apr 2008

Glad we've been able to help (we've received the tip from a friend by the way)

Return to “MultiCharts”