Sample Autotrading and intrabar strategies that work well

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
GD

Sample Autotrading and intrabar strategies that work well

Postby GD » 19 Apr 2008

First, I’d like to say that I'm very happy to see the new features in Multicharts, including intra-bar executions and limit orders in autotrading. I've been waiting a long time for them. However, it occurs to me there are so many different ways of writing strategies, there are probably a lot of scenarios under which the new features don't work. In particular, for the last two days, I've been following the market, trying to observe how my autotrading strategies are performing as they respond to market conditions. For the strategies that I've written, which are fairly extensive and include the ability to write a log file of every action at every time step, I've concluded that these features simply aren't working for me. I don't know if it's my code or the program.

What I think would be really helpful would be to see the strategies that TS Support used to test the new features. That way, we could compare the methods and techniques that we’re using to those that have been tested and found to work. Stepping incrementally away from those successful strategies might reveal bugs either in our own code or in Multicharts. As it is now, everyone is writing strategies - some are having difficulties, and some, apparently, are doing just fine. We don’t hear from those who are doing just fine. Would it be possible for TS support to publish some sample strategies that seem to work, technically? They don't have to make money, but they should demonstrate how the new features work.

Thanks,

GD

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 21 Apr 2008

TOTALLY AGREE, you have my vote

Marina Pashkova

Re: Sample Autotrading and intrabar strategies that work wel

Postby Marina Pashkova » 21 Apr 2008

First, I’d like to say that I'm very happy to see the new features in Multicharts, including intra-bar executions and limit orders in autotrading. I've been waiting a long time for them. However, it occurs to me there are so many different ways of writing strategies, there are probably a lot of scenarios under which the new features don't work. In particular, for the last two days, I've been following the market, trying to observe how my autotrading strategies are performing as they respond to market conditions. For the strategies that I've written, which are fairly extensive and include the ability to write a log file of every action at every time step, I've concluded that these features simply aren't working for me. I don't know if it's my code or the program.

What I think would be really helpful would be to see the strategies that TS Support used to test the new features. That way, we could compare the methods and techniques that we’re using to those that have been tested and found to work. Stepping incrementally away from those successful strategies might reveal bugs either in our own code or in Multicharts. As it is now, everyone is writing strategies - some are having difficulties, and some, apparently, are doing just fine. We don’t hear from those who are doing just fine. Would it be possible for TS support to publish some sample strategies that seem to work, technically? They don't have to make money, but they should demonstrate how the new features work.

Thanks,

GD
Hi GD,

Thank you for the suggestion. We'll see what can be done. Meanwhile, do you think you could send us the strategies that don't seem to work in the latest beta? We would need the study archives together with the worspaces and a detailed explanation of how the strategies' behavior differ from the expected behavior.

wullenweber helmut

Postby wullenweber helmut » 21 Apr 2008

It would be fine to have more information of working with intrabarorders. The given literature doesn´t refer to that kind of trading systems.

I think - should I say hope? - it´s no mayor exercise to reassemble existing codes to generate intrabarorders.

At my end I am looking for a proper documentation how "intrabarorders" could work for me.

Example Codes would be a very good way for users, to get a charge out of Multicharts.

Thomas Mann

Auto Trader

Postby Thomas Mann » 21 Apr 2008

Is there any examples available on how to call the auto trader from a indicator available ?
Thanks

Return to “MultiCharts”