Window width changes when I change window height

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
2haerim

Window width changes when I change window height

Postby 2haerim » 19 Apr 2008

This does not happen up to 5 windows, but after 6 windows.

First, I Arrange All 6 windows and select one and drag down the upper border line to reduce the height. Strangely the width gets increased!!!

I guess this is not normal behaviour.

sparkz

Postby sparkz » 20 Apr 2008

Just curious but are you viewing MC at full screen resolution? Also, what screen resolution are you using?

I can reproduce the effect you describe if I either reduce the screen resolution or make the main MC window much smaller. There seems to be a critical size where if you go smaller it can't really handle it in a valid way even though "arrange all" does manage to fit them in. So when you do a change of height, it first resizes the entire chart window to a valid size.

At a full screen resolution with 6, 8 or even 10 windows I have no problems. I'm running at a 1280x1024 resolution.

2haerim

Postby 2haerim » 20 Apr 2008

I use full screen 1248x1024 single monitor.

When first opeing 6 windows arranged they all show ok. However if I select one and drag the height down, its width increases.

I guess this is a UI bug even though not critical.

Another bug.

When you reduce MC from full screen to smaller (for example, less than 1/4 of the full screen), not all 6 windows (at this time only 5 are overlapped and their height shortend but width increased) show up. The more weird thing hanppens when you "Arrange Vertically" again. All 6 windows show up but only 3 of them plots price marker and the end portion of chart. The other 3 windows do not plot anything but just a black empty window. Even worse, those black empty windows do not show any scroll bars when focused.

MC's GUI definitely needs some fixing in window arrangement.

For your experiment, I attached a wsp with 6 windows. Just replace symbols with your own.
Attachments
Stocks_Demo.wsp
(67.2 KiB) Downloaded 430 times

Return to “MultiCharts”