LOCKING LABELS ETC

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
york timothy

LOCKING LABELS ETC

Postby york timothy » 01 May 2008

Hi Marina,
I realize that many of the suggestions I have given you are not as major as some on here. However, I feel the suggestions would help give MC a refined appearance as well as increased flexibility in some areas.
I would like to request that you consider being able to drag-and-drop labels etc and have them remain where they were placed. I use labels for my price chart as well as an indicator and it is frustrating to not be able to place them and have them stay. It would also resolve the issue of the candle pattern indicator on the charts as well.
Some of the suggestions I have made seem simple but I don't know the difficulty of programming them. If I imply that it is simple just chock it up to ignorance on my part when it comes to computers. One part of your pattern program could be used more effectively if you simply added additional options to the few that you have already. This at least would make a part of the program ( candle pattern finder) that is already there, more useful.
Please consider these suggestions and hopefully you will incorporate them in the next release. Thank you.

Kindest regards,

Tim

Marina Pashkova

Re: LOCKING LABELS ETC

Postby Marina Pashkova » 06 May 2008

I would like to request that you consider being able to drag-and-drop labels etc and have them remain where they were placed. I use labels for my price chart as well as an indicator and it is frustrating to not be able to place them and have them stay. It would also resolve the issue of the candle pattern indicator on the charts as well.
Hi Tim,

Thank you for the suggestion. It will be added to our to-do list.

york timothy

Postby york timothy » 07 May 2008

Thank you Marina for your consideration of my suggestions over the past few weeks.

Kindest regards,

Tim

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 07 May 2008

Sure Tim. We are always happy to receive new suggestions and feature requests (even if we can't respond right away).

miltonc4

Postby miltonc4 » 07 May 2008

Hi Marina

For me this is also a pain,in as much
Text plotted on indicators & chart don't re appear where they were put
Minimised charts don’t stay positioned where they were saved
Text dissappearing if Exchange setting is changed from Exchange to Local
Text dissappearing if Chart compression is changed
Charts saved by “format study templates” don’t show the text that were on original chart

For those using text in trading is an important issue

Thanks
Milton

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 14 May 2008

Hi Milton,

The reason why text disappears in the scenarios you're describing is the way the text (and other objects) is positioned on charts. The text coordinates are defined by the time and the price. So when a chart is changed, the point with which the text is associated might no longer be visible on the chart.

We are considering changing this implementation in future. But there's no ETA for the feature so far.

york timothy

Postby york timothy » 14 May 2008

Hi Milton,

The reason why text disappears in the scenarios you're describing is the way the text (and other objects) is positioned on charts. The text coordinates are defined by the time and the price. So when a chart is changed, the point with which the text is associated might no longer be visible on the chart.

We are considering changing this implementation in future. But there's no ETA for the feature so far.
That would be great marina because I use labels as part of my trading.

Return to “MultiCharts”