Authentication

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
momentum

Authentication

Postby momentum » 30 Apr 2008

My internet was down for 24 hours and could not authenticate, and when I started MC it said my license had expired and I could not use it.

Where is the 30 day period.

This is not satisfactory.

Fabrice Daniel

Postby Fabrice Daniel » 02 May 2008

I had the same problem with TS in offline mode.

If they do it like TS, you have to disable your internet clock auto resync on Windows.

This auto resync from Internet caused a clock modification, and if this occurs since the last time you have started your software, it ask you for authentication renewal (to avoid any clock manipulation allowing to use it more than 30 days offline).

mojotrader

Re: Authentication

Postby mojotrader » 04 May 2008

My internet was down for 24 hours and could not authenticate, and when I started MC it said my license had expired and I could not use it.

Where is the 30 day period.

This is not satisfactory.
I had a similar experience with 3.x. I started MC w/internet down and aborted loading process by exiting application after IQFeed failed to connect. When I restarted MC it prompted me to register. Of cource I couldn't since my internet was down so I had to wait till it was up again.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 06 May 2008

Hi momentum and mojotrader,

Did you have this experience while using the trial version?

If you need help with registering for trial (or registering the license that you purchased) please contact our customer support representatives at http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

Regards.

momentum

Postby momentum » 07 May 2008

Been a registered user of MC for years.

There is something wrong with MC if I cannot use it when I am not connected to the internet.

mojotrader

Postby mojotrader » 07 May 2008

Hi momentum and mojotrader,

Did you have this experience while using the trial version?

If you need help with registering for trial (or registering the license that you purchased) please contact our customer support representatives at http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

Regards.
I'm a registered user. You might be able to replicate this problem by:

1. Disconnecting your network from the internet. (Note leave your computer connected to your network but remove internet access. You might get by disconnecting your computer from your network but that's not my scenario.)
2. Startup MC letting it attempt to download missing data.
3. Wait a minute or two while MC tries to download data.
4. Exit MC by clicking the X button in the top right corner of the app.
5. Restart MC while your network remains disconnected from the internet.

In my case, MC prompted for registration info. I couldn't use the app till my network's internet connection was restored.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 07 May 2008

Hi mojotrader,

Are you using the latest version of MultiCharts? In the latest version, you only need to register every 30 days. In other words, if you have registered previosly you should be able to use the program even if there's no internet connection.

mojotrader

Postby mojotrader » 07 May 2008

Hi mojotrader,

Are you using the latest version of MultiCharts? In the latest version, you only need to register every 30 days. In other words, if you have registered previosly you should be able to use the program even if there's no internet connection.
I'm on version 3.0.1200.4785

I have one of those 6 month subscriptions. In fact my renewall is coming up next week i believe.

I can use it w/o internet connection but I make sure to check the "work offiline" mode when not connected, otherwise I risk being denied access. In my case I used the online mode while the internet was unavailable then aborted the application. When I tried to reenter the app, MC said I needed to register.

momentum

Postby momentum » 09 May 2008

Hi mojotrader,

Pergaps "should". but cannot. I have had a permanent license for years.

mojotrader

Postby mojotrader » 15 May 2008

FYI, this problem happened again last night. I fired up MC, the IQFeed connection window opened up, while attempting to connect I realized my router was turned off so I exited MC. Upon MC restart I was prompted to register again.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 15 May 2008

Hi mojotrader,

I'll report the problem to our engineers so that they could run some tests.

Return to “MultiCharts”